logolong

what I do now that I have retired

More
7 years 7 months ago #62896 by Eagle 1
Hi everyone i have had to retire due to ill health i would like to have some pen friends from any were in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #62899 by Diana211
Hi. Nice to meet you. I am in Louisiana, where r u located?

More
7 years 7 months ago #63069 by madbear
Hi Eagle1, I am Rick, I live near Portsmouth on S.E Coast of Hampshire here. I had to retire several years ago with my Arthritis and COPD and found it hard to cope at first. Now I am a man of leisure and free to do as I like as I recently divorced my abusive wife too. Being retired you get to choose what you want to do and when. I have joined several social groups and get to meet nice people and have fun and NO worries about getting to work anymore on a cold wet morning or train strikes or traffic jams. Nice ... What you need is to find some hobbies and get out to meet new people by joining some local groups as I did.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #63071 by BUBBADOG14
Madbear you are totally right! It does take time to get used to not going to work and getting used to be disabled. Being part of this site and being on this forum is a step in the right decision as you are able to talk and met people in the same boat as you and sometimes that can help you adjust. Going out and joining clubs and finding new hobbies that you can do even with your disability helps. I started on this site and now assist in running it and that helps me still do something I trained to do, also it's more dangerous for me to go out alone without assistance so I have no choice but stay inside. I also joined Arthritis Care which is my support group with my Arthritis. I hope you get on alright and madbear I'm here if you ever need to talk to someone who has Arthritis. :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BUBBADOG14. Reason: added some more

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds