logolong

Being single by choice

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #63719 by prestonphoto
I have been paralyzed for 29 years now - I also was married 3 times before the accident and have been thru 4 or 5 "relationships" since the accident. The most famous line is " I can handle you being paralyzed " That works til you move in together and the "normal" person is faced with seeing reality - what it's really like to live with a disabled person.
I tried to have a relationship with a woman who was also paralyzed from an accident - problem - she hadn't accepted reality yet. I moved from Rochester, NY to Lynchburg, Va for a woman, then to Denton, Tx for a woman. When that ended in 2006 it took me 3 days to come back to NY and I did a lot of serious thinking. No more - and I've stuck to that decision - and been a very happy camper ever since. Yes - I get lonely once in awhile - but think of the past and I'm not lonely any more.
Finding someone to get along well and honestly with a disabled person is a miracle. I never found that miracle. Oh well - life goes on. Live it and don't look back.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by prestonphoto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: king of life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #63720 by king of life
Replied by king of life on topic Being single by choice
just can say you well done ! yes life is going and just bring us tiredness if we want digging past so Just welcome to now and future. :woohoo:

More
7 years 3 months ago #63739 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Being single by choice
Life is hard when you are trying to find someone special especailly when you have a disability. I am 44yrs old now, I have give up on women..

More
7 years 3 months ago #63745 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Being single by choice
I say never give up!! I found my sole mate when I wasn't even looking after breaking up from a really horrible relationship. So I say never say never! ;)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds