logolong

Life with Friedrichs ataxia year 6

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #63780 by amantius
Hey everyone my name is Kayla, here to introduce myself, and ask for help/ advice

my boyfriend now 6 years into his diagnosis, and am really noticing the effects of his FA, it's getting pretty tough..

"Dan started noticing signs of early deteriation in 2008, towards the end of High School, going into Adulthood.
Going up and down the stairs became daunting, keeping up with fellow employees became tough, and everyday things he started noticing he couldn't do. He used to ride his bike to work, during this time he found that he couldn't stand up to pedal anymore. He could no longer climb ladders, and do his job correctly anymore.
He says it felt like (at the time) that maybe he wasn't "drinking enough milk", or it was a lack of sleep, but it became far too difficult at this point to remain optimistic. It reached a point where he needed a major life adjustment.

"I could not stand straight and I was so dizzy I felt like I was on a boat 100% of my day"

He had to quit his job to move home to BC where his parents lived, and went in for Genetic testing in Vancouver BC, to see if that would deliver a diagnosis as to why his body was failing. (This test was because he was adopted from Romania, and was healthy growing up, so there wasn't a need prior for this test as it was not available until 2000) The test came back on New years Eve that he has Friedreich’s
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by police. Reason: remove asking for money

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #63782 by BUBBADOG14
Welcome to AbleHere.com, I hope you will enjoy the site.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by BUBBADOG14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds