logolong

New Malware/virus hitting PC's!

More
9 years 6 months ago #55397 by BUBBADOG14
My poor laptop was hit again yesterday with a new malware/virus that replaces Chrome search engine with V9. This may come across of being okay but it's not and attacks all your sites and gets into your personal information and passwords. It's a bugger to remove because it comes under several titles. But the best way to do it is make sure you have a anti malware programme that can pick up malware and viruses it needs to be a top one because this malware/virus is a clever bugger! It's also best to watch what you look at on the computers because these things piggyback into your system.Be safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55408 by Jana
Amanda I was hit by the V9 malware about a month ago and it took nothing short of moving heaven and earth to get rid of it. I did a Google search and found free software to download to remove it. It ended up removing V9 but also some updates from Windows and other programs. So it took me a couple of days for all the necessary updates from windows to be reinstalled so that everything was up to par. I hope there's a special place in hell for people who create these things!

More
9 years 6 months ago #55432 by BUBBADOG14
I agree Jana, these people who put these viruses on to computers just set a domino's effect of computers going down. They should get a long prison term for ruining peoples computers but they don't. I've lost count of the viruses I've had on my computer. I know what you mean about having to let all the updates be put on after cleaning up your computer but it's a small price to pay for getting your computer clean from viruses.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds