logolong

Leeds Rhinos poor wheelchair access

More
8 years 10 months ago #57607 by Karl
Two weeks ago my PA phoned Leeds Rhinos for tickets for the Leeds Rhinos vs Hull K R on the 22nd May 2015. We asked for a wheelchair space and a free carer ticket. He asked where would we like to sit? In the away stand with the K R Fans, we replied. He said, Ok, do you have proof like carer allowance for your free carer ticket. I emailed him the DLA letter for proof. Kevin Brock emailed me back saying

Thank you for your email. This has been added to your profile and your tickets have been put in to our next post for you.
Regards
Kevin

We went on Train to Leeds and we got a taxi from the hotel to the stadium, we arrived at the stadium at 7.45pm as kick off was at 8pm. At the gate the man wouldn’t let me in and told us to go all the way round to the next gate. At 7.55pm we got to this gate and they said you have been given the wrong tickets as we don’t have wheelchair spaces in the away stand. So the steward took me all the way round the stadium again to change my tickets at the ticket office but they didn’t have any wheelchair spaces left so they decided to put me in the corner next to the away stand at 8.25pm so I missed the 25mins of the first half and I couldn’t see very much in the corner as people was walking by all the time as the corner was a walk way to the bars and toilets and some people was standing in front of me so my PA had to tell them to move every few minutes and the people shouldn’t of been standing here as yellow lines was on the ground meaning you can’t stand in this area.

This photo is me in the corner

This is what I could actually see

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #57640 by BUBBADOG14
That is awful and disgusting! I would want a refund for my ticket cause you payed for a disabled ticket and you couldn't get one and where you were was a walk way (public area)and couldn't see the game. You should be entitled to a refund. I think we should start a post where we name and shame places with poor or no disabled access, what do you think? ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #57890 by Karl
I wrote to them.

they are saying they offered me an unimpeded viewing position in the accessible area with the home fans?

Why would we go all the way to the ticket office if we were only going to refuse sitting in the accessible area with the home fans? We didn’t refuse as the office said the accessible areas are all full. At this point, he closed the window on the ticket office, so they decided to put me in the corner.

Even the stewards on the corner said, I don’t have a very good view and they did try to help afew times by telling people to move but it didn’t work.

How can they say they offered me an unimpeded viewing position?

They admitted selling me the wrong tickets but they did try to correct the problem by taking me to the ticket office but the accessible areas was all full. But they are not admitting this part! Why are they lying?

I am wondering how many wheelchair spaces do they have?

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds