logolong

Seeking Advice

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61399 by Aliza15
Seeking Advice was created by Aliza15
Hi!

The small startup I’m working with is working on a project that we’d love your feedback on. We have designed an adapter that allows people with disabilities to control technology using their own assistive tech (buddy buttons, wheelchair joysticks, head arrays, etc.). We think our device works well, but we want to make sure that before we move forward that we’ve included all of the things people with disabilities are looking for and need.

Is this the right place to talk about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61400 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic Seeking Advice
Hello How refreshing. Somebody who wants to know what the disabled want and find useful. I have a joy stick on my wheelchair (electric from elite motibility) but find the rubber cover of the joystick comes off too easily. I shake. I would appreciate and buy any that actually adhere stablely to give peace of mind and the ability to continue steering and being safe for other pavement users! As one would find with a steering wheel on a car on the road. My insurance matches the cost of insurance for a car!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aliza15

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61412 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Seeking Advice
Aliza, my I suggest you okay any questionnaires/research you want to do with members with my boss and owner of the site Karl, just private message him and ask if it's okay. I know as long as you get the okay from Karl we are all happy to help with anything new that will help us disabled and other disabled people make life just that bit easier.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61425 by Aliza15
Replied by Aliza15 on topic Seeking Advice
That sounds really frustrating, riversidemarie. These are kinds of design things that we want to make sure we address in our first production round of Xogo. It's why we're doing lots of focus testing before we manufacture :)

If you're willing, I'd love to talk with you more about our project! Would you be willing to answer some of my questions?

Thanks!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61426 by Aliza15
Replied by Aliza15 on topic Seeking Advice
Thanks for the advice, BUBBADOG14. I've exchanged PMs with Karl about our project, and think I have a good understanding of the guidelines. But please let me know if I'm overstepping at all. Mostly, I'm just really glad that found such a great community!

Aliza

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61432 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Seeking Advice
Thank you for asking me to moderate what your doing, I'm a very protecting mother of all the members and won't tolerate any of them being upset!!! :angry: :lol:

Aliza15 wrote: Thanks for the advice, BUBBADOG14. I've exchanged PMs with Karl about our project, and think I have a good understanding of the guidelines. But please let me know if I'm overstepping at all. Mostly, I'm just really glad that found such a great community!

Aliza

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds