logolong

Trump is new American President!

More
7 years 4 months ago #63510 by BUBBADOG14
Well no one saw that coming! Neither did Trump by the look on his face! :ohmy: All I can say is God help America!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #63511 by Karl
God help the world!!

Probably have a world war 3 now!

More
7 years 4 months ago #63516 by BUBBADOG14
Especially with him in bed with Korea and Russia!! :ohmy:

More
7 years 4 months ago #63519 by riversidemarie
I thoight British politics was laughable at the moment with Article 50 but America's is hilarious. Big is beautiful! I don't think with a clown likke Trump! The man knows nothing about running a country or diplomacy! God help America. She will need it in the coming days. He appears to be anti everything that is decent. A bullying misogynist with a "tree trunk" on his shoulder not a chip! Putin will be chuckling and rubbing his hands. A malleable man. Good with money, agreed, but apparantly out of control of himself and unable to defer gratification. A child in a sweetshop! And a hand on the match to light a firework. God help the world!

More
7 years 4 months ago #63525 by Karl
Blimey. President Donald Trump.

Personally, I'm not surprised that politics is changing. Or that lots of people are angry, and want a change. Too often politicians ask us to vote for them, but then don’t listen to what we have to say. Many don’t seem to stand for much or are out of touch with everyday life.

Many of us see prices in the shops go up, but our wages stay the same. We worry about our own futures, let alone our children’s. It’s harder to see a doctor when we need one. Meanwhile, a small number of people get richer and richer and pay less and less tax.

Global forces – terrorism, big business, trade deals, migration – can challenge our sense of identity, or make us feel less safe and secure where we live.

Politics is changing, but Donald Trump isn’t the change most of us hope for. He taps into an anger we can understand, at least a bit, but his policies are extreme and counterproductive. He blames immigrants and Muslims. He wants to deport people and build walls. He boasts about groping women. He stirs up racism, and relies on lies and insults rather than honest debate.

Here in the UK, some of the same things are happening. There’s been a rise in racist attacks. [1] During the EU referendum, both sides used lies, insults and scare tactics. And then there was the terrible murder of Jo Cox MP. Politics feels more divided than ever. But there are forces pushing in the other direction too. There's an example in front of you right now. Thousands of people are reading this forum today just like you are, and we're all thinking about what we can do to make the world a better place.

More
7 years 4 months ago #63545 by Jana
I'm completely gutted. I was no big fan of Clinton, but I did vote for her. In a way I was voting against Trump. Many millenials, like my 2 daughters, threw their vote away because they were Sanders supporters all along and didn't like Clinton. THAT ticks me off. Their votes could have made a difference.

Prior to the election many people who purchased "Obamacare" health insurance received notices from their insurance companies about coverage that would be cut and an increase in price. I have about a $50 per month increase. Others had more, some less. I lost my coverage for pain management care and lower back pain treatment. Of course! I have fibromyalgia and have had 2 back surgeries and am left with residual pain from that! I believe that this was a well timed move by the large for profit insurance companies to sway voters.
If people had kept a level head, things may have turned out differently.

What really grinds my gears is knowing that half of the people I see when I leave my house are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, gun toting jerks. I sobbed for 3 days after the election and I am afraid. I should have gone to an election party and gotten very, very drunk. It might have softened the blow, at least for a while.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds