logolong

Porto Santo Holiday

More
8 years 7 months ago #59091 by BUBBADOG14
PORTO SANTO MADEIRA

Porto Santo is an Island off Madeira, it's small and unspoilt with only a few hotels on the Island. You can go round the Island in a couple of hours. The holiday season is May to October and after then the Islands population is 5,000. It's a real gem and though there are a lot of cobbled stone paths and no drop curbs I managed to go on a tour of the Island (hear about that in the review of the hotel.). Would we go back? a definite yes in the future.

PESTANA COLOMBOS PREMIUM CLUB

We arrived at the hotel later than we where due to a delay on the plane (due to a technical fault). We where tired and just wanted bed the reception staff where lovely offered us food and while we where checking in the bell boy got our cases to the room. Our room was on the same level as reception literally through a door and straight in front. The room was lovely and easy to move around in my chair, it had a wet room with two different types of showers at different heights. The hotel was all inclusive and was connected to it's sister hotel which we could use their facilities.There was a choice of 6 restaurants we mainly used the buffet restaurant but also went to the Madeira lovers restaurant which was lovely and the Mediterranean restaurant which wasn't as nice. There was 6 pools 2 indoor pools. Entertainment wise there wasn't much but the few bars it had a good atmosphere with music. The hotels had a good amount of disabled toilets and where easy to get around and had lifts. The staff where always happy and couldn't do enough for us and always offered help. Over all the hotels was well geared up for disabled people.
We went on one trip in a Tukxi a type of 3 wheeled tuk-tuk. It was easy to get in and comfortable to travel in. I had to leave my wheelchair in reception but the Tukxi was so small it was easy to get almost everywhere. The tour was of the Island and was very interesting it was 2hrs 30mins long.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #59092 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Porto Santo Holiday
More photo's to follow!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds