logolong

Melia Llana, Cape Verde not disabled friendly!!

More
7 years 6 months ago #63270 by BUBBADOG14
I got a phone call Monday afternoon from our travel agent, she had some surprising news for us (not the nice kind!) The Melia Group who own the hotel we are booked to go to in January had contacted her to say there are now not going to have any disability rooms in the hotel and the rooms are not going to have separate shower cubicles or wet rooms. They are only going to have showers over the baths, which our travel agent knew was totally out of the question for me. So she was passing on this devastating news to us and she knew before I even said the words that we would have to cancel the holiday. But luckily we would get a total refund because this was on the hotel not us.
What is the annoying part is that the hotel (which isn't even finished yet and is due to open next month) advertised as being disabled friendly with walk in wet rooms and several disability rooms available. That is what drew us to the hotel as well as it's total modern design and being in Cape Verde.

They should have told us when we booked that the disabled friendly rooms where scrapped and the wet rooms had also been put on the scrap heap and there where not going to be any disabled toilets and only showers over baths. Instead of dragging it out to now knowing we would have to try and find an alternative holiday. Now we have an up hill battle at this short notice to find something that fits our high level of standard!! So the search begins again!! :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63289 by BUBBADOG14
Okay got a phone call from the boss of our travel agent to say the member of staff had got it wrong! And what she meant was there where no disabled rooms available for the date we wanted and also there where no separate shower rooms available so we are now looking at other dates which in some ways is good news as it will help me have more time to recover from my operation. :)

More
7 years 1 month ago #64287 by BUBBADOG14
Oh Well the hotel have decided they will not put in writing that we are guaranteed a disability room or ground room with shower! So Thomson have advised us to cancel this hotel for the 4th time as we could end up there with no suitable room! So now we have found a hotel in Hurghada Egypt that we where saving for Summer holiday that is set up for disabled people and are now going in April.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds