logolong

liverpool

More
7 years 4 months ago #63620 by Karl
liverpool was created by Karl
In the last few days I had a few disasters and very laughable moments with Jo and the kids. We went to Liverpool for the rugby final on the train; we got to the match late because we couldn’t get a taxi. Finally got one, he stopped at the green lights and he got out and started arguing with another taxi behind him. Nearly fighting.

We were about 10 mins late for the game. It was bloody freezing and boring. After the game Brandon received a boot from a player but some other kids nicked the boot so this causes a riot between the kids. Parents and stewards had to break them up. Brandon was gutted about not getting the sweaty old boot back! We went for tea but nearly all the pubs have big steps not good for me. Liverpool is still in the dark ages with wheelchair access.

We finally found one. On the Sunday it was heavy rain all day and the kids wanted to go shopping in the bloody rain. After 3 hours we were like 4 drowned rats.

I suggested the cavern club but I couldn’t find it so Jo and the kids took shelter while I took a drive in the bloody rain I was going round in circles and I had my sav nat on too. I passed Jo and the kids about 5 times I think they thought I was going crazy. I finally found it but we needed to go to the wheelchair entrance so a bar staff took us phew. So I had a few beers and relax. Then the kids got bored so we got out the cavern but it was like a maze to get out and they lost me in the lift as I didn’t get out fast enough and the lift went up oops. We finally met up again and got out and it was still raining heavy.

I suggested Liverpool Fc SHOP 5 mins away and we didn’t get lost with my sat nav on! I spent £100 on two tops..ouch. Then we decided to go to the indoor Christmas market 7 mins away but we went wrong way a few times bloody sat nav! When we got there it was an outdoor market and it was still pissing it down! Everyone self of steam was getting low even my wheelchair battery power was low so we went to the burger king in the freezing train station for the next 90 mins.

We finally got on the train and said surely nothing else could go wrong then they announce the train is delayed as the driver is missing. We just laughed and 10 mins later the driver came and we were off. And said again surely nothing else could go wrong but we were wrong again as when we arrived at Manchester they announce the train is delayed due to a fallen tree and floods at first we thought it was funny but 30 mins we was getting bored and another 30 mins we had 1 can of bud left so we had a big argument over a can of bud lol so Jo went off the train for a fag and the door started to close so she quickly jumped back on and trying to put out her cig at the same time and then we started moving again and then stopped again for another 30 mins. Then the train was cancelled but 2 mins later the train was back on hooray. We finally got home at midnight. As you can see we had loads disasters and we had loads of funny moments too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #63634 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic liverpool
Glad you had a pretty good time! Even though you had disasters as well. So would you say Liverpool is disabled friendly or not? It sounds like it's not which is surprising for the 2nd Capital City!!

More
7 years 4 months ago #63642 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic liverpool
Nearly all the liverpool pubs have 3 or 4 big deep steps.

More
7 years 4 months ago #63643 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic liverpool
Not good then!! Big thumbs down to Liverpool being disabled friendly, shame on you Liverpool!! :angry:

Karl wrote: Nearly all the liverpool pubs have 3 or 4 big deep steps.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds