logolong

Banned

More
9 years 8 months ago #54322 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Banned
I remember when my Niece was younger and she was naughty and pushed my sister a little to far and she threatened to smack my Niece and she returned with phone in hand and said 'you lay one finger on me and I'm calling Childline!!' What the hell!! What has happened to the world when a child can threaten their parents with calling Childline/Social services when they are naughty and need to be punished!! I adore my sister, when she came to the same school high school as me (She is 3 yrs younger than me) if anyone started bullying me (I was badly bullied at school) my sister and her group of mates would go and give the person bullying me a good hiding! Even now we're Adults if anyone gives me a problem or upsets me she is on the phone to them giving them merry hell!! And yes she has always been a tuff parent any trouble from her kids they are grounded or loss the use of their laptop or handheld game for a fortnight. Even her dog is superbly behaved, she is amazing and I love her dearly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #66503 by Joelyb65
Replied by Joelyb65 on topic Banned
Kids running around, or tearing around on roller blades or bicycles in Supermarkets and shopping centers!
I don't know how many times I've almost been knocked over by kids running, or rolling around and the mothers don't give a stuff what they're up to!
I was once in the bank and couldn't get to the teller when she called because a little boy was parked there on his little bicycle!
NO, not on!

More
6 years 5 months ago #66508 by BUBBADOG14
I have to admit I have to agree with you Joel! It's so annoying when someone's child is running rampant and the parents have no control over them or just can't be bothered to watch them! Not only is it dangerous to that child but also dangerous to other people. That child if on scooter or bike could injure someone, if they are old or unsteady they could be injured badly! And I bet the parents wouldn't care a bit, but also the child could be hurt or even killed if near a road. If someone is willing to have a child it's their responsibility to care of that little human!! :angry:

More
6 years 5 months ago #66518 by Joelyb65
Replied by Joelyb65 on topic Banned
You just reminded me of the time I almost got knocked down on the footpath by a kid on a bike, he was barreling toward me and yelled out, 'Get out of the way, I'm too scared to ride on the road!'
And a few years back, a Doctor was knocked over and killed by a kid on a bike as he stepped out of his front gate!
It's actually law here in Australia that kids aged 11 and under are allowed to ride on the footpath for THEIR safety, but it doesn't help innocent pedestrians!
It's okay for Postmen and Paper Delivery people, they're adults and they have a job to do (I used to do it myself) but kids these days have no sense and don't think of other people!
Something else that should be banned is people jogging with headsets on!
They run around in their own little world and don't watch where they are going!
I once saw a young woman almost get killed by a Garbage truck because she was 'plugged in' and ran straight in front of the truck without looking, if not for the drivers quick reflexes, she would have been wedged in his grill!

More
6 years 5 months ago #66526 by BUBBADOG14
I agree with that totally Joel! People who run with earphones on in parks or on paths should have a sign on them with "lookout idiot in own world heading your way!!" Reports are saying the amount of accidents involving people wearing headphones is on the rise, 5% of the reports are for people being killed by people wearing headphones or hands-free headsets being distracted! In 2011 there where 117 accidents caused by pedestrians wearing headphones or hands-free headsets!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #66567 by
Replied by on topic Banned
There was actually a movie I once saw years ago, that had a "child catcher". I can't remember the name, but I seem to recall it was set in late 19th /early 20th century London? Was definitely England though. The children were put in a horse drawn wagon with bars (like the old prison wagon). As children, my parents didn't permit any of us to get out of line in public. We'd get "put back in line" straight away! The worst is sitting in a booth in a restaurant with some brat leaning or trying to crawl over the seat. My Dad had a quick remedy for that...make like you are yawning/stretching your arms and "accidentally" let your elbow find its way home. And when parents let their brats run amuck in Church...

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds