logolong

CAPITA Who the heck are they?

More
7 years 4 months ago #63540 by BUBBADOG14
CAPITA are dealing with E.S.A. & P.I.P change over but who the heck are they and what do they know about being disabled? Well this is what I know:-

Capita plc, commonly known as Capita, is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. It is the largest business process outsourcing and professional services company in the UK, with an overall market share of 27% in 2009, and has clients in central government, local government and the private sector. It also has a property and infrastructure consultancy division which is the fourth largest multidisciplinary consultancy in the UK. Roughly half of its turnover comes from the private sector and half from the public sector. Whilst UK-focused, Capita also has operations across Europe, Africa and Asia.

In my nosing around finding out what I know about these people I found an online job advertisement for Disability Assessors, you don't have to have no health experience as long as you can type and use a laptop, have good communication skills and able to show empathy!

Also reading about them I found out that they get paid on each assessment and are encouraged to as many as they can a day! Now I've had a letter to go for my assessment a day before my operation and have to travel to the centre of Birmingham which is a good 40 minutes from my home. I have spoken with them as I can't travel alone and my husband has already booked time off work for my operation and can't really ask for another day and previously I've had assessments at home and it would suit me better to have a home assessment. So now I have to wait another 48hrs to find out if I qualify for a home assessment. I stressed enough already what with my operation and holiday falling through yet again and now this!! :angry: :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #63619 by riversidemarie
I suggest any one who is disabled and mobile apply for any vacancies at Capita if there are so few qualifications needed. Who better to know what disability entails even if it is from the view point of personal difficulties? I wish you all the best with your operration. It's bad enough wwith the worry of the op. without having the difficulties of them deciding whether they will do a home visit! "Empathey? Ba..s!

More
7 years 4 months ago #63635 by BUBBADOG14
I got a home visit in the end with 24hrs Notice!! But she was very kind and even said she could see I was struggling. Got to wait around 5 weeks now to found out if I will get P.I.P.!!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds