logolong

The Undateables

More
7 years 2 months ago #64063 by SarahlouiseUK
Did anyone watch the TV series The Undateables? What did you think of it? I like the programme but they could of had more people with a physical disability on the programme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #64064 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic The Undateables
Hi Sarah I have watched all the series and I agree with you just physically disabled would be nice and older people. This series seems to be much more about people on the Autistic and Asperghers Syndromes and not enough on "normal" physically disabled. The people are sweet but as most have either learning difficulties or with social interraction rather than just physically disabled. I also think the sheer distance between coules on the programme does not make a full realistic relationship easy to achievve. Also I find some of the matching of couples on this series rather odd. Sometimes a big gap in intellect and rather high expectations after one date! I'm not saying this could not work but I think some of the participants should be given more advice about their expectations and that love takes time to develop after any initial attraction. I'm old but a similar programme "first Dates" for so called mainly "normal" people is not so intrusive and really just a starting point for dating. The programme is good for the learning disabled because at least general viewers come to realise that all people need and want love and whatever our difficulties there is a right for all and that just because somebody is disabled physically or intellectually they too have a right as a valid member of society. Some regard the disabled as asexual!

More
7 years 2 months ago #64071 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic The Undateables
My husband noticed the hotel the show was based at wasn't really wheelchair friendly and wondered if that had anything to do with the lack of physically disabled clients? Sorry but I don't watch it, I'm mainly an animal programme watcher!! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds