logolong

Just the Way You Are

More
6 years 4 months ago #66815 by Alli_boot
My novel, Just the Way You Are which was published in 2015 under my maiden name Allison M. Lewis , is a modern-day fairy-tale targeted to tween audiences. While, in part, it pays homage to William Shakespeare through selected elements of both A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Romeo and Juliet, it is also reminiscent of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid. In this story, Misty Miles, the princess of a faraway land known as Starryton, is like any other woman of her station – except for her disability.
This fairy-tale is unique because it is a story of self-acceptance and love in the face of disability; few stories geared toward young people feature individuals with these types of challenges. What sets this story apart from others is the fact that it will not only educate people about the disabled population while entertaining them, but it will also spread a message of self-acceptance to young people who find themselves in situations similar to the protagonist’s.
I am qualified to write a story such as this and spread a message of self-acceptance because I have a disability. I have a Master of Arts in Communication and I have had numerous articles published in weekly newspapers like the Centerville Washington Township Times and the Record Weekly Herald in addition to self-publishing this book. I am originally from Dayton, Ohio, but I currently live in Urbana, Illinois with my husband.
I have been trying to get my name out there and spread the word of my novel to as many people as possible With that said, if you are at all, please consider buying a copy of novel this holiday. Visit www.allisonmlewis-author.com for more info...thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #66817 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Just the Way You Are
Welcome to AbleHere, we do have another member who is an Author on the site who is published, so you are lucky! Maybe you can catch up with her when she is back on the site, she is currently putting the finishing touches to her second book which is being released early 2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds