logolong

Hospital food

More
16 years 3 months ago #1900 by Karl
Hospital food was created by Karl
I have never stayed in hospital but this morning I was watching a tv programme about hospital food. It looks really awful :sick:

Have you been in hospital, if so, how was the food?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1903 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:Hospital food
LOL :)

Hospital food isn't that bad, maybe that's because I live in The City of London & they might put a bit more money & time into the food, LOL :)

I had some hospital food after my 2 wrist opertaions & both times the food was nice :)

My Nanny was is hospital last year &amp; it was still good food, but she was so unwell it was a nightmare to get her to eat or drink anything, LOL :)<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2007/11/29 23:16

More
16 years 3 months ago #1928 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Hospital food
Karl wrote:

I have never stayed in hospital but this morning I was watching a tv programme about hospital food. It looks really awful :sick:

Have you been in hospital, if so, how was the food?

Hospital food - it's enough to make you sick

Thick, salty soup with the texture of wallpaper paste; a pie crust, hiding a serving of mechanically recovered 'meat' and dry mash. Is this the best patients can hope for?

Jay Rayner
Sunday September 24, 2006
Observer Food Monthly

Thick, salty soup that looks like wallpaper paste, clearly made from artificially flavoured powder; a chicken-and-ham pie boasting a crust with all the texture of furniture foam and none of the flavour; inside, a meagre serving of misshapen, mechanically recovered 'meat' and a white sauce that is as claggy as the soup; dry mashed potato; over-cooked cabbage; a brick of cake with custard served cold.
It's enough to make you sick. Or it would have been for Poppy Lloyd, a 26-year-old radio journalist, if she hadn't been so sick already. Confined in the isolation ward of a central London hospital a few months ago, she was at the mercy of the hospital caterers. And they showed her none.

observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/story/0,,1876742,00.html

More
16 years 3 months ago #1930 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Hospital food
Is Hospital food better in USA or Austrailia, DAEMONICUSMEDICUS?

More
16 years 3 months ago #1938 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Hospital food
Karl wrote:

Is Hospital food better in USA or Austrailia, DAEMONICUSMEDICUS?

Definitely Australia. Hospital food is way better anywhere in the World than in USA. In USA, if the doctors and nurses don't kill you, the kitchen staff will.

More
11 years 8 months ago #44573 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re:Hospital food
I can certainly agree about the food in the US. I've had several surgeries over the last decade and figure if you can keep the food down, you're going to live. I did find out a secret, though. The general dining room for hospital staff and visitors made wonderful home made soups. So, twice daily I would have a family member go and get me soup and bread. Then I found a nurse that would do it. No more mystery meat for me!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds