logolong

scoliosis surgery as child caused probs as adult

More
12 years 9 months ago #36493 by poppy67
Hi I had surgery as a child for my kyphoscoliosis which is what they called anyone with s curve back then I had an harrington rod fitted t1-l3 day after 12th birthday. Anyway when discharged at 17yrs in 1984 was told might get early arthritis but no other probs. In my 20s my ribs collapsed onto my pelvis was told that is unusual but can happen. In 30s found out had adeshive arachnoiditis caused by myodil injected into spine when i was 10yrs old for mylogram, this was causing me probs then in mid 30s found out muscle wasting in legs when about 41 told also in arms, then got busistis (not sure that spellin!!!)in hips and both shoulders now and arthritis in legs arms and hands. Also have leg and arm spasms which not sure which condition is causing that. But i was told my spine was twisting to left which is why i have now a 3inch shortage of my leg. I have been trying to find anyone else who had the operation and an insertaion of an harrington rod whose spine as then twisted as told doesnt usually happen, I have been searching for others that this as happened to for last 3yrs no luck so far so thought try forum on here and see what i got back. So anyone else with similar experience please let me know thanks Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds