logolong

Getting a carer from social services soon advice please

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #68083 by ajay
Hi all,
I had a social worker out to visit me in my home yesterday and she is going to arrange some carers to come out to me every day of the week. I've never had this before it's always been my mum who's carried out the treatments for me, whats your experience of having a carer I am worried that some of the treatment is internment .Has having a carer been a good thing for you? I just feel a little worried at the moment about it all.

Best wishes Ajay
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ajay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #68092 by flynnar3162225
AJ your speaking to some one (me) who has had carers for the past 14 years (coming into home 4 times a day 7 days a week) they have been an absolute GOD send with my parents being of old age (couldnt find a polite way of putting) they found it hard to help for my care due to my dad having both knee's done and my mom being riddled with arthritis so my younger sister talked to me about it (with some really deep talking and i was really unsure with it at first but i wouldnt look back now

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #68097 by ajay
Hi flynnar3162225
I was feeling worried as it's all new to me I am starting off as having 3 ladies carers on a rota coming out every morning and they are going to build the time up with me once I get to know them. I am also going to get from social services meals on wheels, plus an outside key lock so that the people can let themselves in. I an just feeling a bit unsure as mums always done my care for me but as shes getting older she's finding it hard work I do feel guilty at times for being born with a disability.

Best Wishes
Ajay
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ajay.

More
5 years 9 months ago #68099 by flynnar3162225
listen u got nothing to worry about,once u get to trust the carers you have coming in, they will feel like an extended family also seeing different faces (part from friends / family) breaks the day up
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajay

More
5 years 9 months ago #68105 by Karl
After a few weeks it will be normal to you.

If you don't like a carer, tell the office not to send the carer anymore
The following user(s) said Thank You: flynnar3162225

More
5 years 9 months ago #68106 by jj~
It is hard for me to give you advice with you being in the UK.
Here in the USA, the care giver works for you, you can direct your wishes directly to them on site.

IF unhappy with such you discuss it with the provider service and another can come to give you proper service.

Best Wishes on your new Adventurous plight, I am sure it will go fine.

jj~

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds