logolong

Shortage of Medication due to unable to get Dr's appointment for over a month!!

More
5 years 7 months ago #68255 by BUBBADOG14
I'm shocked at the lack of Dr's appointments available these days, I had to order some medication a couple of weeks ago and had a call from the Dr's office saying I needed to speak to a Dr due to a couple of my meds repeat prescription running out so I spoke to a Dr who told me I needed to come and see my Dr as my repeat prescription had run out and she was willing to cover it for a couple of weeks until I could see my Dr. But when I tried to make an Appointment with my Dr I couldn't get to see her for nearly 8 weeks!! So I tried with another Dr and the earliest I could get was the end of this month with a Dr I have never seen before. I've had to arrange a phone consultation with a Dr for tomorrow to cover me for some other medication I have now run out of till I see the Dr. This seems to becoming a norm with Dr's surgeries that you can't get appointments to see Dr's for a month and certain popular Dr's for up to 2 months in advance, I know this as I have spoken with friends and relatives. And it's even carrying over to the recently introduced phone consultations that certain Dr's you can't get phone consultation appointments for up to 3 weeks. It worries me as certain illnesses you may need to see a Dr on a fairly regular basis and if like me you like to stick to a certain Dr as they know you and your health well getting appointments to see them becomes harder and harder and keeping your health in check will suffer. I'm suppose to have 2 phone consultations with my Dr and a surgery appointment over 2 months and since May I have had one and a half phone consultations (half being when I spoke about needing meds) and no surgery appointment due to not being able to get appointment. I hope this isn't going to be the future of the health service that Dr's start failing their patients.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #68258 by Karl
Doctors was busy today for appointment, we asked for repeat, ok. phoned up at 3pm, no tablets, because doctor wont give me anymore unless he sees me. Suddenly they found appointment space at 6.20pm today.

More
5 years 7 months ago #68263 by BUBBADOG14
It is becoming crazy isn't it!! And the Politician's say everything is fine with the NHS they should go and spend the week at a Dr's surgery and then decide if the NHS is fine!!

More
5 years 7 months ago #68264 by jj~
It has to be our responsibility as well to keep track of things. WE cannot expect Drs and others to do it for us.
THERE is no shortage of MEdications.
Thus keep notes , follow them and use our daily reminder of the date and time.

More
5 years 7 months ago #68271 by BUBBADOG14
Had phone consultation with Dr about repeat prescription, asked about my blood test results and was told they where not great. Explained about how I was feeling with my flare up and she told me I needed to come in with how my bloods where and how I was feeling and she magicked up an appointment for yesterday! So went and saw her and now need a calcium blood check to see if I have a calcium deficiency on top of everything else!! Got my repeat medication topped up and we discussed my flare up, blood pressure a little low due to how rubbish I feel, just got to rest up till I start to feel better!!

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #68279 by ajay
I understand how you feel about the problems with doctors appointment's I was very worried about my surgery closing down as all of the doctors were leaving, I had a letter to say they were going to close down the surgery. So that had been a very big worry as not having my meds can be life threatening. I was lucky that my surgery didn't close down in the end it has all new doctors.

But whats happening now is if I phone up for appointment you can't be seen for about 6 weeks as it's so busy all of the time. Could you get your local chemist to home deliver your meds mine comes out on the same date every month and I don't even need to phone my Gp as the pharmacy does it all for me.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ajay.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds