logolong

Dating people with disabilities

More
16 years 4 months ago #1764 by Karl
Dating is hard for anyone at the best of times but to have a disability is bloody harder - prejudices are just a couple of things that can hold people back from pursuing a relationship. But when it comes to the game of dating, it seems that the rules are changing:ohmy: – the internet is allowing members of the disabled community to communicate and make friends online, and society is gradually becoming more accepting of people’s differences. As a result there are more opportunities for disabled people:) , who should increasingly feel able to date with freedom and confidence.

Personally, before the internet and txting, I couldn't use the phone as Im not very understandible. So it was bloody hard to find new friends especially females:(

So Technology is helping me as I can give out my phone number because I can text without any help. But not a good thing when you are sending 500 txts per month. Big phone bills. :angry:

Im 35 now and I still looking for the special one who doesn't see my disability as a barrier.<br><br>Post edited by: Able_Here_Team, at: 2007/11/29 22:16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #2214 by NaomiB
Hi there,

I wish you luck in your quest, in finding love. The net is indeed opening the door for disabiled people, it is how I have met my present partner. It works !

Naomi:)

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #2283 by brett
hummm - well good luck to you - all i find is mention the word \&quot;disabled \&quot; and what few ladies are interested in us older guys - run a mile :unsure: - i guess they think we all want a care giver or something - or as one i came across told me \&quot; oh you would not do my social standing any good \&quot; ( nice eh )

sorry if this all sounds a tad cynical - but i speak from experience - unfortunately

but if you do find someone - then every happyness to you

brett .

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #2284 by NaomiB
well i think you were and are better off with out that kind of person in your life. I never thought i would fall in love, but I have and my partner has Spondylitis so we both understand eachother very well.

More
16 years 1 week ago #2291 by lagunita
A disabled female finding someone is easier than a disabled male.

Society has conditioned females to \&quot;marry up\&quot;, that is, females look for males who are stronger, wealthier, have better jobs, than women do. A disabled man is viewed as being less of the stereotypical male.

On the other hand, able-bodied males, that are enlightened, may see it fit to date disabled females.

The above scenario may not be politically correct, but it may reflect the actuality. It's also consistent with animal behavior, where the strongest, healthiest male animal wins the affection of the female during the mating season.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2448 by
My nmae is Richard I haven't had a date for month but when I do meet someone I tell that I have disabilies and thy seem to drop you for some reason.

can someone tell me why I can't find a date is it because preople with out disabilies find it hard to relate to them or is that thy think that thy would get the disability if you slepped with them.

I even try other Web soitews that are free you only get girl from the african country not your own couyntry contacting you has anyone elses had that felling.

Richard Chisholm

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds