logolong

Someday Or Never

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #65199 by
Someday Or Never was created by
I have to admit but I do still have deep fears of not having a boyfriend or a husband. I know right now I'm still young (27 yrs old) and still trying to love myself (which it's hard) and need to understand and accept that I'm physically disabled, of course no need to rush to be in a relationship. But what if I'm finally in that place of understanding who I am but still not in a relationship with someone?.

It's scary because in reality people have different preferences and different ideas of what a relationship should be. I can't change people's minds, it's just the way it is.

I generally pray for a wonderful man to be part of my life but I'm not sure if it's going to happen...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65200 by Tiny
Replied by Tiny on topic Someday Or Never
No one knows if that right someone will ever come along, but if you can accept and love yourself, and go out and enjoy your life and the things you like doing,on your own / with family/friends , when you can act like you don't have a worry in the world , you might be surprised and one day attract your mr right , but you have to come first , once your at that point build your confidence up

More
6 years 9 months ago #65202 by EdEarl
Replied by EdEarl on topic Someday Or Never
Tiny gives good advice.

Steven Hawkins has ALS and can only move his eyes, yet he has been married twice. His first marriage was before ALS disabled him, but he was fully disabled when he was married the second time.

Good luck and keep smiling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RogerNZ

More
6 years 9 months ago #65205 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Someday Or Never
I also have to agree with Tiny!! You have to love your disabled self 1st! I'm lucky my husband was with me before I got ill, but when I found out that my disability was for life and was going to get only worse my 1st words to him where 'if you want to divorce me I wouldn't hold it against you', his answer was 'you silly bugger, I love you I'm going no where!!' I'm a very lucky women, I know! But you want a man/ women who loves your heart as well as your body. And I've said this before on here:- ' you could meet your sole mate anywhere, even the supermarket!!' I met my husband on a blind date! You will know when you meet him or her! Your stomach will do a back flip and your heart will skip a beat. :)

More
6 years 9 months ago #65209 by Tiny
Replied by Tiny on topic Someday Or Never
That advice I'd give to anyone, disabled or not, I realise it might seem easier for some to find the right person than others but at the end of the day, if your not happy with who you are or confident with yourself , how can you expect anyone else to be , that's for anyone...... you'll know when your at that point where everything seems right, and you meet the right guy, it might take time, but enjoy that time, learn new things, meet new people etc ... bubbadog14 is right though , your heart will skip a beat and stomach will do backflips, you won't be able to stop smiling at the thought of that person, all those feelings exist and it's exciting and terrifying at the same time , and its worth the wait until your happy within yourself
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #65211 by
Replied by on topic Someday Or Never
Wow I like your comment and you're definitely right :) thank you!.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds