logolong

Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome Chat:

More
16 years 4 months ago #1333 by Scott_1984
Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome Chat:

Does anyone else suffer from any form of: Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome, if so tell all the Ablehere users your story & if it even effects your normal day to day activities or mental health.

If your not sure what: Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome is, then go to: www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...iew/id,1222/catid,47 & www.hypermobility.org/whatishms.php

Here are some people on Youtube with: Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome:
&
&
&

Maybe you do suffer from: Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome & it effects your every normal day to day activities & mental health.

Does your: Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome causes any problems, pain, discomfort, disability?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #15873 by IckleKitty
Hi Scotty I the only one on here so far I think who has it n I posted all the info n symptoms on the other disabilities section, plus the disabilities i suffer because of it and its very late diagnosis. hope the info is of use to you, I have full joint hyper mobility syndrome, affecting, wrists, ankles, knees, shoulders fingers and toes. most have been injured or dislocated some more often than others.

Anything else u need just ask.

I think I'm the first sufferer on this site, when I mentioned it in the rant room I was asked to put an explanation and description on the disabilities pages.

anything else just ask.

Kitty, :)

More
15 years 2 months ago #15876 by Scott_1984
Hi Kitty :)

I think you are The First Hyper Mobility Suffer,

But as you already probably know some Doctors, Consultants, Hospitals, Physiotherapist,

Would say you only need to score 0 (Zero) & You've Got Hyper Mobility & That means all of us, LOL :)

Where as Other Doctors, Consultants, Hospitals, Physiotherapist, Say You Can Only Have Hyper Mobility Syndrome, If You Score 3 (Three) Or More.

I hope more people will join you in this chat/debate post, & check the links I have posted :)

Me, Julie, & Bombadil, All Suffer From Mid Carpal Instability (MCI)/Palmar Midcarpal Instability (PMCI),

& Are aware of Pain, Discomfort, Clunking, Snapping, Clicking, Popping, Wrist/Hand or Wrists/Hands,

I use gadets like tin openers, I can't imagen having instability in more than My Left Wrist.

:) *EXTRA BIG HUGS* :)

What Is Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome?: www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...iew/id,1222/catid,47

Here are just some of Kitty's Posts/Threads Or Replies @ www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...ew/id,15746/catid,56

www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...ew/id,15798/catid,47

Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2009/01/06 02:20

More
15 years 2 months ago #15948 by Scott_1984
The Beighton Score @ tinyurl.com/3k97ak

Beighton Score

The Beighton modification of the Carter & Wilkinson scoring system has been used for many years as an indicator of widesparead hypermobility.

A high Beighton score by itself does not mean that an individual has HMS.

It simply means that the individual has widespread hypermobility.

Diagnosis of Hypermobility Syndrome or HMS should be made using the Brighton Criteria.

The Beighton score is calculated as follows @ tinyurl.com/3k97ak

& The Beighton Score - The New Diagnostic Criteria for HMS @ tinyurl.com/6u7ke3

More
15 years 2 months ago #15965 by bombadil
Hypermobility Syndrome - Recognition and Management for Physiotherapists

tinyurl.com/hypermobility-syndrome

(book)

More
15 years 2 months ago #15966 by Scott_1984
bombadil wrote:

Hypermobility Syndrome - Recognition and Management for Physiotherapists

tinyurl.com/hypermobility-syndrome

(book)

That link is very helpful for people on here to see what Hyper Mobility Snydrome (HMS) is.

I can't bend any of my joints like they can & I am also guessing you can't do that either, Ryan???...

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds