logolong

Hypermobility/Hypermobility Syndrome Chat:

More
15 years 2 months ago #16102 by IckleKitty
Lol, u guys, ur all daft as brushes lol, but yeh u right only one good thing to being extra bendy,

;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #28289 by JoSo
I've got hypermobility too! i score 9 out of 9 and also have the added bonus of cronic pain and a few of the other diagnostic criteria like impared skin healing and sensitivities to loads of things from painkillers to perfumes. my life up until a few years ago was pretty normal i was accident prone and often injured but it was never that bad....now is a different story, i'm pretty much constatly on NSAIDS and in a fair bit of pain, my knees and hips are bad and the back pain is now cornic and probably unfixable and the subluxes are more and more common...but never mind i'm still living life to the full and it hasn't stopped me doing sport yet!
hope your all well

More
14 years 2 months ago #29449 by richardson
i have fallingapartitis too otherwise known as ehlers danlos syndrome type 3 or hypermobility syndrome lol until i were 13 the only sign that i had hypermobility syndrome was that i often pulled muscles, i'd be doing well if i got through 2 weeks without pulling a muscle and from being very young i remember crying myself to sleep on a night because my legs were aching so badly. then when i were 13 i had a flu like virus and after that my joints were very achy, my knees were the worst and i missed a lot of a year of school because walking was very painful. my knees did improve alot after a year but never got completely better and for the next 8 years i saw alot of different doctors and consultants some of which obviously thought i were making it up for attention and tried to send me to a psychologist. others gave me wrong diagnosises like juvenile arthritis, osgood schlatters and chrondomalacia patella. when i were 16 i had a cycling accident and dislocated my left shoulder for the first time and things have gone downhill from there. i finally got diagnosed a couple of years ago but my left shoulder spends more time out of joint than in joint nowadays. my left knee dislocated sideways which is meant to be impossible, it does it because for years i walked with my foot turning inwards and this was mentioned to lots of docs but they all insisted it wouldnt cause any problems, well they were wrong, it stretched the ligament on the outside of my knee so now i have to wear a hinged knee brace to hold my knee together. i also have problems with hips,left wrist,ankles, fingers, jaw and ribs dislocating and my neck makes ominous clicking cracking and clunking noises at times. i'm on morphine now so the pain isn't too bad

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #29587 by cara09
Hi,

Both myself and my partner have Hypermobility Syndrome. I have set up a blog that provides a central source of information about Hypermobility Syndrome, current news, raising awareness of the condition and fundraising for HMS/EDS associated charities. Please take a look:

hypermobilitycampaign.blogspot.com/

I hope that you find my info helpful.

Cara x

More
12 years 4 months ago #40288 by Shellpot
I scored 1 for every single one :-/

More
10 years 2 days ago #52576 by Murgatron
I scored 4 on the beighton score for hypermobility. The physio then told me that nothing was wrong with me and said it was all in my head. It is incredibly frustrating.

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds