logolong

Mental Health Awareness day today

More
11 years 6 months ago #45727 by Karl
Mental Health Awareness day today

man or woman, any age or relationship status, disabled or non disabled, gay or straight, rich or poor nobody is immune but we all need to be a lot more aware as a society as for most people the stigma of mental health problems means it stays hidden and it takes a lot of strength and courage to seek help which is so wrong. It's time to end the stigma and the shame and recognise this illness for what it is, a debilitating and all to often sometimes fatal one that with the right help at the right time is all too curable and life can go on and get better so spare a thought today for all those fighting this and it's far more than you think. To all those suffering please don't suffer alone, get that help, and our thoughts are with each one of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #45780 by Jana
Well, I totally missed this post, Karl, but thanks for putting it up. I have dealt with having major depressive disorder and panic disorder for years, long before the fibromyalgia started. I had my first episode when I was attending university and had to drop out for a semester. The stigma was so evident within my own family, I was not even welcome to come home and get well. I sought treatment and was able to return to school and get my degree. Thankfully I was able to get financial aid to get help and ultimately a part time job I could handle. That was over 30 years ago. Thankfully things have changed a lot. I would never want any one to go through what I went through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds