logolong

Pseudoseizures or Non-Epileptic Seizures

More
9 years 4 months ago #56022 by DancingMachine33
Is there anyone out there that suffers from non-epileptic seizures. I recently began to have these due to stress and anxiety. I am on a couple of anxiety medications. If you have these please contact me I would like to know how you handle it. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56024 by BUBBADOG14

DancingMachine33 wrote: Is there anyone out there that suffers from non-epileptic seizures. I recently began to have these due to stress and anxiety. I am on a couple of anxiety medications. If you have these please contact me I would like to know how you handle it. Thanks!

Hi, I was diagnosed with non-Epileptic Seizures around 10 years ago after my previous Consultant (who diagnosed me with Epilepsy) left my hospital and I was assigned a new Consultant who was a Lady ( with an awful bedside manner) told me point blank I wasn't Epileptic but had Non-Epileptic Seizures and left the room! I had to look them up to understand them. But last year she left my hospital and I've been assigned yet another new neurologist who says there is no such thing as non-Epileptic seizures and I actually suffer from Epilepsy! So now I'm totally confused! All I know is I suffer from Seizures and at last they are under control touch wood!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #56026 by DancingMachine33
Did you have video monitoring while you were have the episodes? I did and my Dr. said it did not show any chemical releases on the EEG brain wave video. They say they are caused from stress and anxiety. I am struggling though with getting this under control.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56035 by BUBBADOG14
Yes I did I had to stay 24hrs in a special unit of a hospital wired up to see if they could bring on a seizure which wasn't hard being wired up and being worked up over staying in a hospital. I had 5 seizures but there was some sparking but they said it was inconclusive! And that's why they said I had non-epileptic seizures. Yet another Dr read all the reports and said I was Epileptic so it's very confusing, my G.P classes me as Epileptic because she says at the end of the day I'm having seizures. Very confusing!!

More
8 years 9 months ago #58120 by Sandie
I thought this might interest Epileptic sufferers. Pseudosizures are now reconised
as a genuine condition called Non Epileptic attack Disorder. My son Scott suffers from Epilepsy and NEAD he has been trying for years to get this under control. The general opinon is that these attacks are caused by stress, I have found that if I keep his mind occupied and try to keep him stress free (which is not easy) they occur less,there is no medication for NEAD, sometimes it is hard to define between Epilepsy and NEAD as they tend to get mixed together.

More
8 years 9 months ago #58127 by BUBBADOG14
That is an interesting bit of news and will hopefully help others in the Epileptic umbrella including myself. Thank you Sandie.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds