logolong

chest pain with cerebral palsy

More
12 years 2 months ago #41674 by Karl
I thought I was having a heart attack 2 days ago as I was having chest pains all day and at 2am the pain was really hurting me so I went to hospital, I had loads of tests such as blood tests, heart test, xray etc.. All the tests came back ok. They think I pulled a muscle in my chest due to my cerebral palsy.

Does anyone else have chest pains with their cerebral palsy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44489 by aherosheart
yes I do,but I believe they are due to the muscles in my sternum..as I have every test known to man also..a muscle called the sternocleidomastoid (spelling)where it connects to your neck,ribs,shoulders..and god knows what else..once it spasms real bad,it can hit you hard in all those areas cause the muscle is huge..the best thing I found is stretching your hamstrings if possible or an inversion table..it really helps..good luck...!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #44517 by Karl

aherosheart wrote: yes I do,but I believe they are due to the muscles in my sternum..as I have every test known to man also..a muscle called the sternocleidomastoid (spelling)where it connects to your neck,ribs,shoulders..and god knows what else..once it spasms real bad,it can hit you hard in all those areas cause the muscle is huge..the best thing I found is stretching your hamstrings if possible or an inversion table..it really helps..good luck...!!

Thanks for the useful info. I think you are right, its the sternocleidomastoid muscle. I can see why inversion table would help but I cant see why stretching my hamstrings would help?

Karl

More
11 years 9 months ago #44519 by aherosheart
hey Karl,the hamstring thing just helps keep everything loose,mainly my back..it just seems for me at least,everything is connected when one area is tight or hurts,it migrate to other parts..y'know what I mean..? it's definately not for everyone but it helps me..I hope you feel better,however you get there..!!

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds