logolong

Death, so what's after this life?

More
11 years 17 hours ago #47341 by Grandma7
Bohonk, those words are lovely, and very true. x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #47594 by bohonk
...Framed and displayed is a plaque as you enter
my house,,it reads;

'Death is not extinquishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has has come"

For those of you who need more FACTUAL NUMBERS..just let me know and I will gladly post them for you. It makes NO difference to me, who created our universe,,BUT ,,in my own mind,I know, my creator lives. Even if Ashes to Ashes is previlent, it does not imply that my LIFE is OVER.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by bohonk. Reason: bad spelling

More
10 years 3 months ago #51343 by Tomrymer
Something or nothing is the easy answer. Nothing means no thing to state the obvious and I've never understood why Philip Larkin feared oblivion. If oblivion awaits then a person will be oblivious and won't even know so. To sleep without dreaming that's all.
Now, the bible offers two alternatives only although some religious organisations based on it add in others; either an eternity burning in a lake of fire or an eternity praising God. Neither alternative appeals to me, I've suffered enough pain while alive and an eternity praising an entity so needy of praise, well, the thought is sickening.

More
10 years 3 months ago #51369 by Sandie
I had a very strong belief in the after life as did my husband, however since he passed away in September I have found my belief is wavering.This upsets me alot,as the only way I could cope with my husbands death was to believe that I would see him again.I am now devestated because I dont know now what I believe. :(

More
10 years 3 months ago #51370 by bohonk
Dear Sandy,
Many Christians have the wrong concept of death. Being a Christian does not say we cannot dye,,it is telling us about our life with God.

More
10 years 3 months ago #51373 by Sandie
My youngest son speaks very much like you, he has a very firm belief in life ever after, I think what I am feeling at the moment is part of the grieving process.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds