logolong

Do cats go through stages like human children?

More
8 years 8 months ago #58201 by BUBBADOG14
I want to throw this out to other cat owners on this site, my Arnie is going through the terrible teens. By this I mean pushing my buttons and trying to make me snap! He sits in front of the telly and meows incessantly then in front of the heating switch and then under the light on the wall! I know he's trying to get a rise out of me so that I will give him 100% of my attention.
So my question is do cats go through stages like terrible teens like human kids or is it that he wants to get my 100% attention and has just found a way to do it? Do your cats do it as well?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58206 by Will
I don't have a cat at the moment - although my neighbour's little beauty sometimes saunters in through the french windows and gives the place a quick tour of inspection before leaving. I had two cats in the past separated by about 25 years. Both adopted me (soft touch) and both arrived pregnant.

In my (limited) experience, cat behaviour is almost unfathomable. That might be why some people prefer dogs - on the whole far more predictable.

My first cat was quite aloof and not very affectionate, I think she'd had a hard life. I went through a bout of depression. One day I was sitting in an armchair, feeling like I had a dark cloud over my head. For the first time since she had come to me, she padded over, jumped into my lap and looked into my face. I got better and she never did it again.

My second cat used to see "ghosts" - but thats another story. Cheers.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58234 by BUBBADOG14
Hi Will and welcome, My 2 showed their sweet side yesterday as I've come down with a throat virus and felt so weak decided to veg on the settee watching films. And they both took turns snuggling with me. So they do have a sense to know when you feel rubbish and they give you affection. My last cat Bubba (Hence my member name!) was very independent and wouldn't show his soft side until a week before he passed, then he jumped on both mine & my husbands lap for a fuss. So he wanted to show us love before he passed. I do love cats!!

More
8 years 8 months ago #58247 by Will
I know there are people / households that have both, but in general I think people are cat or dog "fans". Growing up, we only had a cat, not much contact with dogs. Then (gosh, more than 30 years ago!) I was in a 'relationship' with a woman who had a mongrel bitch who took a shine to me. It was quite unnerving, every time I left the house she would howl and whine. I'd take her for walks in fields with lots of 'tempting' rabbits to chase and she would hardly leave my side. I felt a bit sorry for her. Funny how all the animals that accepted me were female. The "boys" probably sense that I'm not "Alpha-male" material and in fact a wimp!

More
8 years 8 months ago #58255 by BUBBADOG14
We've always had cats in both my family and my husbands. My husband has a fear of dogs of all sizes so we've stuck with cats, especially rescue cats.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds