logolong

2 dogs, seizure warning dogs for daughter

More
8 years 8 months ago #58583 by Saunter
My 2 dogs inform my daughter in advance of my daughter having a seizure. Then my daughter lies down to avoid a fall. The dogs taught it to themselves and then taught us a type of communication that we would understand. These dogs are 10 years old . The previous dog had never met these dogs. The previous dog did the same thing . She's never lived without a dog to tell her in advance of seizure. It's amazing. They are not certified for this they just are for the house and no where else. Which is good enough for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58602 by BUBBADOG14
Your dogs are amazing! and I bet you & daughter are grateful you have such clever dogs. Have you thought of officially getting them as assistance dogs? That way they can go with you both everywhere including places other dogs can't go. You can see a video on the video section of this site about Assistance dogs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58894 by Saunter
I asked and the place that would certify the two dogs said that since they are 10 years old they don't qualify for certification . Our previous dog duke. , he is passed ( dead he lived to age 14). He did the same thing that's why daughter age 27 has never lived without a seizure warning dog. How are you ok?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 7 months ago #59055 by BUBBADOG14
I'm good thank you just got back from a lovely restful holiday. :)

More
8 years 7 months ago #59068 by Saunter
If you want to tell me about your holiday. If it was fun.
I took Sir (Caesar ) to grooming place since he has fluffy undercoat and due to arthritis in both my thumbs I can't tend his fur as I wish to. He is to have bath and trim. Aging is not for sissies is it?
Today daughter took her camera to adult daycare where she is client . She will take pictures of friends dressed for team sports theme day. She wore her high school colors will be a good time for her.
I went to a church that gives away free food .i go there for food a lot it makes it possible for me to get by.
Carrots, tomatoes apples bananas avocados bread yellow squash lettuce peaches sweet corn on the cob limes potatoes hummus spread bread . No meat cause that s every other Saturday. Not on Thursday which is today. On Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. They giveaway to 500 folks each day. On the meat Saturday the numbers increase.

More
8 years 7 months ago #59084 by BUBBADOG14
I do reviews of my holidays on the travel section so you will see it soon. I'm so sorry that you have to go to food banks to get by, it shouldn't be the way for anyone to live. I blame the government don't get me started on that it makes my blood boil! It's nice that your dogs get pampered, I have arthritis in both thumbs, I got this great pet brush it's easy to use but mine is a knock off of the real one called a furminator. Willow puss loves getting brushed but Arnie puss hates it!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds