logolong

Reminiscing on my cats over the years!

More
8 years 3 months ago #60687 by BUBBADOG14
I was lying in bed at 4am this morning after Arnie did his usual wake up call for fuss. And I got thinking about all the cats I've had in my family over the years, it all started with Kitty who was my Mom & Dad's cat and Dad found her in a abattoir and she was going to be sent to an animal sanctuary so he took her and brought her home to mom she was a tortie and she was named Kitty. I remember her from when I was a baby and she had kittens when I was about 5 years old. Then Mom and Dad got another kitten for me and my Sister a black and grey Tabby who we named Katy till we found out she was a boy and it changed to K.T, he was fun and let me and my sister do crazy things to him like dress him up in dolls dresses and put him in a pram and wheel him about!! Kitty lived to the grand old age of 21yrs old and K.T till 18yrs old. Then came along my husbands and I's first cat Beauty as a lot of you he was very independent and only aloud us to pick him up when he was happy for us to do. We had him for 15yrs and he was very special to us both. And now we have the crazy rugrats Arnie and Willow who make us smile everyday, we adore them and they are our kids. So that is the history of the cats in my life, I would love to hear others so please go ahead and post! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie, Edwin55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60690 by Edwin55
When I was a teenager we moved up to a tract house right along a highway leading into a small town and for the next dozen years or so I saw 12 dogs and 9 cats killed on that highway, some maliciously. My heart was seared as far as animals were conserned, I didn't want to become attached to something that could die so violently. That was until my wife got Ariel. Ariel was a Tortoiseshell and she would follow me around everywhere I went. It was Ariel that broke the shell of my heart because I really loved that cat. Independant as all get out but fiercely loyal she would stay beside me every chance she got. Now that she's passed away I'm going to have to get another kitten...but non can ever replace her.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60698 by BUBBADOG14
Thank you Edwin for those lovely memories. Animals do make your heart swell. I know after Beauty had to be put down my husband and I agreed we wouldn't have another pet because of the hurt. But I got lonely during the day and so we agreed to get 2 cats. They will never replace Beauty. They are totally different to Beauty. So I always say it's best if you are alone in the day it's good to have an animal to keep you company. I know my husband and I are so happy to have got Arnie & Willow in our lives.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60707 by riversidemarie
I too used to dress my dog Wynne up in clothes and put him in my dolls pram with bows tied in his long floppy ears. He seemed to enjoy it but maybe time has clouded the memories. Animals are so forgiving and endlessly loyal unlike some humans. Thanks for tips on the cat territory marking. I have passed them on to my daughter.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60714 by BUBBADOG14
K.T never got annoyed or scratched us when we dressed him up, I think he must of thought 'well I'll get some me time while in the pram and have a kip!' Funny how we can almost sense what they must be saying! I know at the moment what poor Willow must saying when Arnie decides he wants to ruff play with her when she is not in the mood to play!! But it is far to rude to post!!! :lol:

More
8 years 2 months ago #60990 by Pamten
I loved reading about dressing up the cats in dolls clothes and putting them in the dolls pram.
My sister and I did this to our cat tiddles, she was a tabby I think and was my dads cat.
When he sat at the table for his evening meal she would wrap herself around his neck while he are, dad said she was his scarf and kept him warm from the draft of the door.
In our teens my sister and I rescued a cat from school, a few hung around the school kitchen area and they were getting picked up by the RSPCA on the Friday so we stuffed this one particular one a half Persian we named sooty into my sisters school bag, smuggled her onto the bus and took her three miles of our home
Mum wasn't too keen on cats but we lived near fields so suffered with the mice invasions. Reluctantly she agreed a cat would be a great addition to the family.
Sooty loved her job and kept the mice population to a minimum she lived with us for six years until we had to have her put to sleep due to old age.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14, Edwin55

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds