logolong

Employment books for the disabled

More
12 years 6 months ago #38938 by Candydiva31
Hey, everyone---
As I've said before I am considering go back to being Avon rep. This time though I plan to be armed with heavy artillery in the form of a better plan and more research. To this end, in addition to reading accelerated success: how one woman built a $4 million home business in 20 months I'm also reading making self-employment work for people with disabilities Aside from the Social Security guidelines, is there anything else I should also be reading? Thanks in advance for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #39119 by chakal
take care with this kind of books as many of them are just SCAM!

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #46515 by No_Self_Direction_4_Me
I agree with the other poster. Be careful of scams. If it is too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

I used to read self help books but they didn't help me because i don't get motivation from a book. sometimes i will feel motivated for an hour maybe for a day and then it is back to feeling hopeless.

I guess i tend to live by the motto: Why try? If you never try, you never fail!

I would take inspirational books with a grain of salt and also get rich quick books or scams like multi level marketing. I have seen people try that stuff and go absolutely no where with it. let's be realistic here, for most businesses to start you have to have a huge amount of capital saved or borrowed from a bank. I'm thinking somewhere in the vicinity of $30,000 or more. Most businesses fail because of expenses and not enough sales. You will need to have some money to keep the business afloat until enough sales come in where your business begins to turn a profit. if you don't have capital or another source of income (like working for some company) to keep your business going, i would say there is no point in starting a business.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by No_Self_Direction_4_Me.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46611 by Jana
If I could add one more brief point, being part of a MLM business means that the real income is going to come from recruiting other people to be reps and have them recruit as well. It has very little to do with selling the actual products. I've been down the MLM road 3 times over the years. I will say, the least disastrous results were with Avon, as you don't need to carry inventory.

Moderators: NaomiB
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds