logolong

I've got to apply for P.I.P benefit again!!

More
7 years 5 months ago #63212 by BUBBADOG14
I had a letter from the Department for work and pensions on Friday saying needed to apply for P.I.P as Disability living allowance was finishing. I read the letter and showed my husband as I was under the impression I was already getting P.I.P as I filled the forms in, had a doctor come out and had a letter saying I had been awarded it. So I called the DWP and the number for already receiving P.I.P yesterday and had to wait on hold for 1/2 an hour in a queue. Got through to this lady and explained this and she got my page up and said your not receiving P.I.P you need to ring this number. So I called the other number was on hold for 45 mins in a queue, eventually got through to this lady and she pulled my file up and said this is weird yes you filled forms in saw a doctor got excepted but was never sent live!! So I'm afraid this was 3 years ago so you have to reapply for it. I was so angry because I went through so much stress worrying about it for nothing and I've got to go through it all over again!! This proves what a total f**k up the setting up of P.I.P & E.S.A is I've been saying this since it was announced they where changing the benefits!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago #63260 by
I agree with you. Good luck & best wishes.

More
7 years 5 months ago #63264 by BUBBADOG14
Thanks, got the papers, not as bad as they used to be, but just seeing a brown envelope with the words 'D.W.P' on it makes me freak out these days! Talk about frightening and Halloween someone should go round dressed up as a D.W.P envelope that will scare the crap out of disabled people!! :lol:

Justme111 wrote: I agree with you. Good luck & best wishes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago #63269 by
Hi there. I like that reply - very good! Take care.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds