Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

9yr old fund raiser with Cerebral Palsy to complete 2nd Marathon today. 1 week 2 days ago #72436

Tobias Weller, known as Captain Tobias, has already used a walker to cover 26.2 miles (42km) over 70 days on the street where he lives in Sheffield. He is now in the final stages of running a marathon using a race runner.

Sheffield athlete Ennis-Hill, who won heptathlon gold in 2012, has now agreed to join him for the final stint. Tobias is hoping to complete his challenge near his home today. His efforts have helped him raise more than £133,000 so far which will be shared between Sheffield Children's Hospital and the Paces School, Tobias's special school in the city.
Tobias said: "I'm chuffed to bits that Jess has said she'll race with me but... I'm not going to give her a head start."
Tobias began his latest challenge – dubbed his “Tobiathlon” – on June 14 using a three-wheeled race runner supplied by the charity CP Teens and has completed around 1.2km each day.
His proud mother said Tobias had done better than they could have ever dreamed. She said: “It might be because he can run and he couldn’t run 40 days ago, and now he can simulate running using the race runner. “It’s life-changing, that. He can get speed up and feel the wind in his hair, and it’s an incredible feeling for him.”
“It will have taken 40 days and his last one took 70. We’ve had a few rest days – about one a week – because it’s more intense. When he runs, he runs in short bursts, then walks for a bit.”
Tobias is so inspiring and brings a smile to my face, I hope this story brightens up your weekend and maybe helps or inspires someone else.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds