Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I desperately want to get off of SSDI

I desperately want to get off of SSDI 3 weeks 4 days ago #71681

Hi everybody and thank you so much for this forum.

I have been on SSDI for severe mental health issues for 14 years. I have a Superior post-grad education in the science discipline and I have continued cultivating a lot of valuable skills during this time.

although the academic and science fields are pretty much dead, I have cultivated a lot of valuable business skills to do my own business.

I have attempted many times to form a small sustainable business so that I could get off SSDI. I have applied to many jobs, and I do have a very good CV, but to absolutely no success.

sometimes, I feel that God really has it out for me. that I have no support, and that I will be on this tiny check for the rest of my life.

I have done everything imaginable to rehabilitate myself. I put tremendous effort every day to try to cultivate my small business, with very little success. I really feel that the world stands against me. I have tremendous ability, but it is all being wasted.

I dream of the day that I can call the SSDI office and happily tell them to cancel my benefits, as I'm doing so well professionally that I do not need it.

I am heartbroken and ashamed of myself. I have told very few people in the last 14 years that I am on Social Security disability. I cannot believe I have failed establishing something meager for myself. Any actionable advice would be very appreciated. Thanks a lot for this forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds