Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mobility scooter battery 11 months 3 days ago #72069

• Buff69
  • Buff69's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, this is my first post so hopefully its in the right place. I have a Drive Flex Autofold mobility Scooter which takes a 24v 10AH battery, i was sent a new battery by mistake which is for the manual folding mobility Scooter which is a 24v 6.6AH. So I would like to know if it’s worth keeping?, would i get good mileage from it ? would it even power my machine?. Is there anyone out there using this battery with this scooter that could comment on it please. Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mobility scooter battery 11 months 2 days ago #72076

its only going to give u about 60% the distance of other one

Mobility scooter battery 9 months 2 weeks ago #72311

Check some variants here www.monsterscooterparts.com/mobility/mob...ty-scooter-batteries

I checked out site is legitimate. Police (Moderator).

Last edit: by police. Reason: to check site.

Mobility scooter battery 9 months 1 week ago #72373

Might not be an answer to the question but I truly believe this would be helpful to you as well. This one mobility scooter distributor has a blog and I recalled reading up on how to store and maintain batteries there. Just a bit of useful info

velobike.co.uk/en/blog/how-to-maintain-m...ty-scooter-properly/

Mobility scooter battery 3 months 4 weeks ago #73257

This reminds me of when I was still working, I worked at a newsagency which was a few doors up from a shop that sold mobility scooters, and although the guy who ran it wasn't disabled, he would use the scooters that he was supposed be selling and drive all over town on them!
One day a young man came into the shop, and it was obvious that he wasn't well, and he told me that he had bone cancer and that he had bought a scooter from the nearby scooter shop, and that he didn't have it long and the battery died!
When he went back to the scooter shop and asked for a new battery, the owner basically told him to F*CK OFF, even though it should have been covered by a warranty!
I told him that the owner used the scooters himself and had obviously worn the battery out, and I was willing to help him out as a witness in court if needed, but I never saw him again!
I don't know if the poor guy died or not, but I couldn't help but think what an Arsehole the guy at the scooter shop was, to rip off someone suffering and in such desperate need for a working scooter!
I really don't understand how someone could be in a business that is supposed to help people, and then treat people that way!?
If there is a Hell, I sincerely hope that guy rots in it!

Mobility scooter battery 2 weeks 2 days ago #74063

The blog I'm reading posted interesting info regarding batteries, so figured out I will share the link here, maybe someone will find this useful since we are talking about mobility scooter batteries.
velobike.co.uk/blog/can-mobility-scooter-batteries-be-repaired/

Cheers!

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds