Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 5 days ago #72924

Or maybe not! 2020 will soon be over but not the pandemic. How have you guys been doing? What are the changes that you need to embrace? Do you have plans after when this is all over?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KaiGrand.

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 5 days ago #72928

For me it's been normal stuck indoors and this time of year in the U.K it's my hibernation time with the cold weather starting to come in! It was harder when we had the lockdown earlier in the year because my husband was not able to go to work and with him stuck at home and driving me up the wall because he got bored so I had to find jobs for him to do round the house so I got him to redo the kitchen change the doors and then got him to change the lights and find a cool lamp to go with our style.

We have a holiday booked for Summer 2021 so we hope that goes ahead because our Summer holiday this year was cancelled and so has our holiday for January 2021 now as well. Fingers crossed we get away next year so we have something to look forward to.

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 2 days ago #72949

the whole world has high hopes on a few vaccines that are being tested now and seem very good and are better than the flu vaccine we have now just for the flu
we may or should see them into next year a bit
all fingers crossed but im sure it will be good

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 1 day ago #72953

Any news is good news at the moment! So to hear positive news about various vaccines and the results is excellent news. Fingers crossed for next year being better than this year it certainly can't get worse than this year!!

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 18 hours ago #72958

I feel like it might be quite some time before people like us will see a vaccine. Those who can pay and those with money & influence will be prioritized while supply is limited. It takes a lot of time, resources, and expense to vaccinate a whole planetful of people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andywil1970

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 15 hours ago #72959

I would Advise Caution]here. I work in the Pharmaceutical Industry no vaccine has been approved by any regulatory body yet, it takes years of testing to get a new product to market also would anyone sensible actually take a medicine that has not been tested properly no one knows if there are any long term effects so I don't think a good safe vaccine is near

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 10 hours ago #72962

That's contradicting what the news is saying because nurses are being given one of the vaccines as a trial to see how it effects them also the Oxford vaccine is being trialled on humans at the moment. So 2 out the 3 vaccines on the news are on human trials already! They are trying to rush through the Covid vaccine due to the desperate need for it!! I know the vaccine will be given to the elderly 1st, then it's people with underlying health conditions then the rest of the Country.

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 10 hours ago #72963

yes but they dont get approved after just 1 set of trials also what are long term after effects?

Goodbye COVID-19 1 week 10 hours ago #72965

Taken from uk.Gov website

Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam said:

COVID-19 vaccines are being developed at speed which, if successful, will save lives.

All vaccines must undergo 3 stages of clinical trials and be assessed for safety and effectiveness by the regulator before they are given to patients.

so not approved yet not had any wharer near 3 stages of trials so not soon im afraid

Goodbye COVID-19 6 days 9 hours ago #72973

The United States government bankrolled Moderna’s efforts, providing nearly $1 billion in support. In partnership with National Institutes of Health, they found that the vaccine protects monkeys from the coronavirus. In March, the scientists were the first to put a Covid-19 vaccine into human trials. After those studies yielded promising results, Phase 3 testing on 30,000 volunteers began on July 27.

maybe they are further along than we know

Goodbye COVID-19 5 days 12 hours ago #72974

I'm of two minds about the vaccine, but I guess if the first lot get good results without life-altering side effect, maybe I'll do it.

I haven't made any plans as of yet as I'm still downhearted with this whole thing, but hey, I found a new hobby which would distract me from battling with myself. Like music, art has a good effect on us. I guess I'll do this from now on.

Last edit: by police.

Goodbye COVID-19 5 days 11 hours ago #72976

We must stay positive otherwise this will get us down! Thank goodness Christmas is around the corner a good excuse to eat loads and keep liquored up!!

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds