Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Virtual Colonoscopy! 1 week 2 days ago #75055

• BUBBADOG14
  • BUBBADOG14's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 522
My Consultant called me last week and we discussed about the colonoscopy I was recommend and the on going halt on non-emergency procedures in hospitals and the fact my procedure was fairly an emergency! Then he talked to me about a new way of doing a colonoscopy by doing it virtual by using a C.T scanner and dye. I would still need to empty my bowel so would need to take an enema early in the morning. And if anything looked like it needed closer inspection they could use the camera there and then to take a look, they would need to inflate my stomach with gas so my internal body parts could be seen but it wasn't as invasive like a normal colonoscopy is. So I was asked if I would be happy to have the virtual colonoscopy? My Consultant said if anything showed up they could decide what to do and go from there. So I agreed and I've got a date for Thursday 16th September in the morning. I will tell you what it's like and how it goes after I have it done. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Virtual Colonoscopy! 4 days 14 hours ago #75080

I must say, I did wonder what it involved. I feared that it was some kind of d.i.y. horror !

Virtual Colonoscopy! 4 days 2 hours ago #75081

• BUBBADOG14
  • Away
What like my husband using a hose and hairdryer to blow my tummy up! Funnily enough my husband brought one of those camera's they use to look inside you for finding a blockage in the pluming pipes!! Ha ha! But no it's done via C.T scan so no D.I.Y horror job needed!! 

Attachments:

Virtual Colonoscopy! 3 days 14 hours ago #75092

phew !

Virtual Colonoscopy! 11 minutes ago #75102

• BUBBADOG14
  • Away
I survived it and will tell you more next week.

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 2.844 seconds