Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice on how to be properly sociable in a pub setting? 8 months 4 weeks ago #71472

I'm not much on bars here in the US, having only rarely gone in to hit my limit of two alcoholic beverages as quickly as possible, sit there feeling nervously unproductive, and leave within a few minutes. Now, having moved into this frigid New England hippie/farmer/granola state, I've found a pub that seems by the name to be a good fit for me. Anyone have any advice on how to properly socialize in Strangefellows Pub, here in Rutland, Vermont?

To put things in perspective, I was raised (at least by intent) to be a Christian "soul-winner" by two Bible college dropouts and my converted grandparents. Now I live in a city that has the duality of having been named in Rolling Stone magazine years back as the "heroine capital" of somewhere (I don't remember exactly how far reaching this statement was.), and also is home to a group of Bible-following commune people who are so down with the Bible they've sworn off the whole rest of the "Christian" world as fakes.

So, anyone got any guidance for an aging would-be "party animal" with mild social phobia who has learned I have to know my limits or pay a problematic price?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BumpANuggly.

Advice on how to be properly sociable in a pub setting? 8 months 4 weeks ago #71473

• jj~
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Go in be friendly, be yourself, get to feel the atmosphere and the pulse of the customers.
Go slowly, observe and join the world of a great society of common everyday people.

Advice on how to be properly sociable in a pub setting? 8 months 4 weeks ago #71474

F@#k what anyone else thinks and have fun just be you everyone else is taken lol

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds