logolong

Which is more harmful, alcohol or ecstasy?

More
16 years 11 months ago #119 by Able_Here_Team
There are calls for alcohol and cigarettes to be classified as more harmful than drugs like ecstasy and LSD.

A group of scientists say the current system of labelling illegal drugs as A, B or C is confusing.

They want a new list which ranks them as to how much damage they can do to your health.

The new ranking system places alcohol and tobacco in the upper half of the league table, ahead of cannabis and several Class A drugs such as ecstasy.

Did you know, a person a week in the UK dies from alcohol poisoning, while less than 10 deaths a year are linked to ecstasy use.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #369 by dedi
Hi,
I think I can understand why they don't want to make some drugs leagal, and its because of the long term health and mental problems some of the drugs that are out there can cause if not taken correctly, and its that kind of abuse that then puts a huge strain on the health care styem.
But... If they were made legal, would this not stop all of that and help out the ones that could really
use what these drugs do.Its like if I was allowed to take \"pot\" it would help all of my musculs relaxe, which would stop alot of my pains and help me get some sleep,something that no drug on the market at the moment has done. If I was allowed to take \"speed\", I may have the energy to get up out of bed and if taken in the right doses, go back out to work...may be, which would save the goverment money. And as for the goverment,they would make money, which could go back into the health funds.
Ok now Ive put some of the world to rights,LOL, Im going to rest my brain.<br><br>Post edited by: dedi, at: 2007/06/05 01:03

More
16 years 9 months ago #410 by Clegg
Cigarettes and Alcohol contribute widely to the governments coffers in the form of TAX. Hundreds of people die every week due to their effects on the body, but they make millions of tax pounds so never mind eh.....

Escatasy has directly ended the lives of less than 30 people in the UK over the last 15 years - but it isn't taxable!!!

It's a proven fact that Cannabis is usually the first step on the ladder to Heroin addiction.

There all bad for you!

More
16 years 5 months ago #611 by Mystery-Man
Between 1993 and 1997 there were 72 deaths in the UK attributed to Ecstasy.

\&quot;It has reached such epidemic proportions in America that they talk of Suicide Tuesday. That's because people who have taken Ecstasy at the weekend are feeling so suicidal by Tuesday that they kill themselves.
\&quot;If you study experiments around the world the evidence against Ecstasy far outweighs anything else.\&quot;

archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/09/02/ecstasy.article/index.html

Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/03 02:27

More
16 years 4 months ago #1718 by Superwoman
Ecstacy, like any drug is addictive and has major side effects

Ecstascy is usually taken while dancing and drinking and probably along with a number of other class A drugs so whats to say that Tuesday's depression isn't part of somethign much bigger??

There's so many scare tactics involved with this drug that nobody is willing to put themselves on the line and actually safely test E's to get us some hardened facts

Until then the general public will remain unawares and people will assume what they are fed in the press or by other misimformed sources - it's a manmade drug at the end of the day

More
16 years 4 months ago #1719 by Scott_1984
I'd never touch Ecstacy (E)/(e), is fair to dangerous in my opinion/view.

I drink alcohol &amp; I must say I shocked by the chat, that they felt alcohol was more harmful then: Ecstacy (E)/(e).

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds