logolong

Risk it for a biscuit

More
13 years 2 months ago #33452 by pussycat
Replied by pussycat on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
Hi Bubbadog,
Yes, we all need a list of things to do and try lol!!
Life's too short not to try things, the trick is to try something once or twice then stop, at least you can say you tried it. Sorry to hear the joint didn't help with your pain, some people it helps, some it dosen't, tried it for my back pain but no effect on that, knocked me out like a light though lol!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #33474 by
Replied by on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
Im of that age where I grew up ( well....spent youth..much mis spent) through the 60s ,,.......and witnessed / saw some great things..There was a saying along the lines of If you remember the 60s you werent there....
In my case I didnt get a sniff of anything remotely mind or body changing....... even now would have no idea where to get it.....sad bugger or what ??? :blink: :ohmy:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #33475 by
Replied by on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
pussycat wrote:

Hi,
With reference to point 5-turning a blind eye to smokers, who does? Smokers constantly have it thrown in their face about what it does to them.
A lot of people have vices that could damage their health and yes, I agree on the drug issue, that's a much quicker way of killing yourself and a big drain on the NHS and benefit system as I guess smoking can be too but as someone who has lost every family member to cancer and not one was smoking related, I get a bit fed up with the smoking issue and wish a blind eye were turned sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your families loss to cancer.....I was speaking as a former smoker which didnt assist in my two heart attacks and subsequent quadruple heart by-pass....My choice at the time....taxpayers contribution via NHS paid for operation...... Its all about opinion,but the link between smoking and ill health is un-challengable

More
13 years 2 months ago #33477 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
I am with you there Tony, I lost my father-in-law to a heart attack last July and I am still coming to terms with it now as we where very close.He had only just come out of hospital having had his 1st heart attack a few days previous! He was a heavy smoker! I mean Heavy! I kept trying to quit or even just cut the amount he smoked.The annoying thing is my husband is a smoker and since his dads death he has cut down on the amount he smokes, I hope he will quit one day but it is up to him to do that.I agree the majority of money given to the NHS is for heart surgery brought on by smoking.But there are other heart conditions not brought on by smoking that it will help.I'm definately not on team smoking! I will never back people who smoke or even encourage it! I have never smoked in my life (except on this holiday to have a poof on it to find out what all the fuss was about! and I was nearly sick!!) and never will!!:)

More
13 years 2 months ago #34032 by P.A.B.1961
Replied by P.A.B.1961 on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
I have tryd a number of times to give up smoking i find it hard to stop but i no the dangers and it is to easy for people to point a finger at smokers but the big problem at the moment is drinking which it just as bad and causes a lot of trubal for everyone.
i have seen a lot of bad things happen as a result of drinking.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34035 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re:Risk it for a biscuit
There are many things that can be dangerous for our health I could spend all day listing them!:S But what I will say is pretty much everything is o.k if it is done in moderation!:) You could say everything in life is alright if you do it in moderation!!:laugh: I am not Mary Whitehouse and I am not someone who believes everything is bad for you! My husband smokes, yes I do wish he would pack it up, but I know it is his little plesure so I just say to him cut down for me, and he has now. As a compromise. moderation = compromisation;)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds