Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hate crimes against you because of your disability 1 week 5 days ago #72535

• Karl
  • Karl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 229
I would like to know about your hate crimes?

A hate crime is when someone commits a crime against you because of your disability, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any other perceived difference.

It doesn’t always include physical violence. Someone using offensive language towards you or harassing you because of who you are, or who they think you are, is also a crime. The same goes for someone posting abusive or offensive messages about you online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hate crimes against you because of your disability 1 week 4 days ago #72538

Growing up near DC attending public schools as a white kid I saw hate crimes every day. None of them are worth mentioning in detail :/

Hate crimes against you because of your disability 1 week 3 days ago #72541

I had a tuff time through the last year high school and collage due to this one bully who for no real reason decided it was fun to verbally and physically abuse me. During high school one time she thumped me in the face and gave me a corking black eye and my Mother called the police only to find out her Father was the Sargant and they wouldn't arrest for assault but just warn her. It got so hard that the school let me finish the year at home, then when I thought I was safe at Collage she was on the same course and again made me life hell verbally and physically and during one lesson when the tutor left the room I was sat at my computer and she walked past my chair got hold the back of it and slammed my head against the side of this solid wood desk and let the chair go so landed on the floor with my head split open. I was knocked out, one person went and got help but wouldn't say what happened I was taken to hospital I knew what had happened and told the police and again they wouldn't arrest her but gave her a warning!! I had to have stitches in the back of my head. I got to do my exams and I was lucky because a week after the assault I was head hunted and offered a job so I didn't have to go back into College and face her and I still passed my exams so I say she didn't break me.

• Page:
Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds