logolong

So what music do you like??

More
15 years 7 months ago #8687 by Posh
A study by a psychology professor has found links between personality and music taste.

The Heriot-Watt university professor Adrian North said: \"We have always suspected a link between music taste and personality. This is the first time that we've been able to look at it in real detail. No-one has ever done this on this scale before.

\"People do actually define themselves through music and relate to other people through it but we haven't known in detail how music is connected to identity.\"

According to the study heavy metal fans are gentle, indie music listeners lack self-esteem and lovers of pop music are uncreative.

He found that country and western fans are hard-working, rap fans outgoing and jazz and classical music supporters are innovative and bursting with self-confidence.

Contrary to the stereotype, heavy metal fans are gentle and at ease with themselves but they tend not to be hardworking.

Those who listen to heavy metal and classical music share character traits of being creative, at ease and introverted.

But classical music fans have high self-esteem while heavy rock fans lack self-belief.

More than 36,000 people around the globe took part in the survey, the biggest of its type ever conducted.

They were asked to rate 104 musical styles in the study and were also questioned on aspects of their personality.

I knew it! I like C&W and light classical! That makes me hard working, and full of self confidence! Yeee Haaaa!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #8707 by
Replied by on topic Re:So what music do you like??
So....what about if you like The Worzals and Ive Got A Combine Harvester xxxxx;)

More
15 years 7 months ago #8762 by ducky
if I like diffrent music from 1957 to 1988.. pluse some opera,classical music, and big bands (not punk )what is my personality suppose to be, Posh :huh: :unsure:

More
15 years 7 months ago #8794 by suzan
yes...and i like world music ...african and indian too, not sure where that fits in....:blink:

think it wld put me in...a confuxed category.....lol....thats about right!!....:lol:

More
15 years 7 months ago #8796 by Scotty
Orchestra Themes I like also Easy Listening.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #8807 by
Replied by on topic Re:So what music do you like??
Ive got very Catholic tastes....I like anything by The Pope xxxxx;) :whistle:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds