logolong

More
14 years 4 months ago #29332 by DATA311
Newbie was created by DATA311
Hi guys,
New to the forum,look forward to having a chat from time to time.
Have been registered disabled since approx 1995, after being diagnosed with a rare muscle wasting disease CMT ( Charcot Marie Tooth disease ), I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes find it impossible to live with and get angry with myself knowing the the things that I once could do with ease and now find just about impossible.
The disease is better known to be genetic and sadly due to it being genetic have found to have passed it on to one of my children.
We still try to get on with life as best we can and are both still able to be fully employed.
I like to dabble with a bit of fishing when ever I get the chance but due to limits with the disability I'm restricted to where I can actually go.
I try also to maintain some kind of fitness by working out whenever I can but again am restricted to what apparatus I can use. I may look at joining up at a local gym to make some further improvements in the near future.
I am also looking at weight loss with the workouts, (I certainly can afford to lose a few pounds), At the beginning of 2009 I weighed in at 17st 3lbs, I am happy to say that I have acheived my target for 2009 and now weigh in at 14st 11lbs.
For 2010 I think I will look at achieving something below 14st, but we will see.
Anyway hopefully catch some of you on the forum for a chat sometime.............;)

Nadolig llawen from South Wales

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #29341 by
Replied by on topic Re:Newbie
Hi and a warm welcome . ;)

More
14 years 4 months ago #29343 by Christine
Replied by Christine on topic Re:Newbie
:) Hiya Alan and a very warm welcome to the site-I look forward to chatting with you xx

More
14 years 4 months ago #29371 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Newbie
welcome to able-here alan
i also have a rare muscle wasting disease CSMA
I have lost a lot of wieght through it so you or anybody ese who wants to loose wieght can pass it on to me lol

More
14 years 4 months ago #29379 by DATA311
Replied by DATA311 on topic Re:Newbie
No probs Ducks I've got plenty to share, hoping to shed another stone at least in 2010......;)
I hope..............:)

More
14 years 4 months ago #29382 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Newbie
best of luck in hitting your target
I cant get pass 7 stone :(
a chip has more fat on it then me :laugh:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds