logolong

New American Health Plan (sort of)

More
10 years 9 months ago #48371 by Jana
Well, it was bound to happen. I received an email from my current health care provider, which is actually the State of Wisconsin (where I live) high risk program. The only health care program I qualify for, the program that takes a third of my pre-tax income every month to provide mediocre medical care, is ending as of December 31, 2013. The good news is that I know when we start applying for new insurance: October 1, 2013. Companies MUST accept you, but I haven't heard anything about any limits on how much they can charge you for coverage.

Our president had said that if we wanted to stay with a plan we were currently on, we could, but evidently that isn't so. But then he doesn't have a say in how our state's governor (whom I openly admit to disliking a LOT) runs his state plans.(He recently refused federal money, thus kicking 30,000 kids off of health care and meal plans for the poor). Nice guy.

I think this transition is going to be more than a little difficult.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #48372 by bohonk
Jana,

Are you SSDI?

I haven't heard...anything. YET

More
10 years 9 months ago #48377 by Jana
No, I'm not SSDI. I did check a little further and most states started the transition as of July 1, but several, including Wisconsin, are holding out until the absolute deadline.

If you Google "Affordable Health Care Act" you can search the govt. site and it is actually pretty good. It lays out the plan and timetable, plus it has an interactive map so that you can click on your state and find out information there if you are on a state run plan now.

The site says the federal govt. will be mailing information to every household so they receive it by Oct. 1.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #48632 by
Hello Jana, i am very far from America and i don't have any means of getting there easily. please allow me stay in contact with you so that i can see how best. i will tell you more about myself later but please i do not have the opportunity to email you right now due to my membership level here. i will love to know you better. may God bless you my dear friend and sister in Christ.
Bobby

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds