logolong

Found in my local paper, letters section....

More
15 years 9 months ago #6407 by Posh
Long term disabled to find work? If it wasn't funny......

Dear Sir.
I am one of the Government's Long Term Disabled, presently in receipt of DLA and Incapacity Benefit.
Because of the impending changes due to be made to those in receipt of Incapacity Benefit, I am being forced to find FULL TIME Work at the ripe old age of 55.

I have been disabled since I was born, I have never worked. I have no experience in any field, though I do know how to use a computer to keep in touch with international friends, and to write letters.

I have no educational qualifications, as I never went to school, and anything I have learned about life is from my dear Mum, and full time carer.

I cannot use a telephone, and I am not ambulant. I have to use an electric wheelchair, and I don't drive.

I have had no training for a workplace scenario, I don't even go shopping, as my disabilities are embarrassing to other people and it upsets my Mum.

So would you employ me please?

I don't know if there us any financial help for your from the Government or other sources, but your employing me would mean extensive adaptations to your workplace, and extensive training schedules, and I would need a lot of time off to recover from the many changes to my life.

Just so you know.

Thankyou in anticipation

AnyOne, Long-term Disabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #6429 by
And yet..Being an Alcoholic (self inflicted life choice) and Drug addict ( self inflicted life choice) qualifies for DLA xxxxx :ohmy: :blink:

More
15 years 9 months ago #6436 by TheLadyMagenta
I do hope sincerely that you are s******g me tony mate?:ohmy:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #6440 by
Not in the slightest Lady M...recent Govnt Figs show Alcoholics and Drug Addicts listed in their thousands.....Good Ehhh xxxx ;) :evil:

More
15 years 9 months ago #6444 by TheLadyMagenta
I cant believe people making bad life choices ie drugs alchohol etc are actually banded in the same category as someone with something really physicsally disabling!!! It beggers belief to think the rest of us are being called work shy or lazy when they are paying for people to get high!! Oh lord that P****S me right off!!!:angry: :angry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #6448 by
Yep..and me...Ive been rejected twice,at a time when I needed help.....But now,I wouldnt apply again..just keep on in the treadmill xxxxxx :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds