logolong

discomgoogolation !!

More
15 years 8 months ago #7982 by suzan
discomgoogolation !! was created by suzan
i came acrooss this today !!

Nearly half of Britons suffer from 'discomgoogolation'

LONDON (Reuters) - Feeling stressed or anxious at an inability to access the Internet? Don't worry, you're not alone and now there's a word for it: \"discomgoogolation\".

Nearly half of Britons -- 44 percent -- are discomgoogolation sufferers, according to a survey, with over a quarter -- 27 percent -- admitting to rising stress levels when they are unable to go online.

\"The proliferation of broadband has meant for the first time in history we've entered a culture of 'instant answers,'\" said psychologist Dr David Lewis, who identified discomgoogolation by measuring heart rates and brainwave activity.

The term comes from \"discombobulate,\" which means to confuse or frustrate.

\"A galaxy of information is just a mouse click away and we have become addicted to the web,\" added Lewis. \"When unable to get online, discomgoogolation takes over.

\"It was surprising to see the stress this led to brain activity and blood pressure in participants both increase in response to being cut off from the Internet.\"

The survey also found 76 percent of Britons could not live without the Internet, with over half of the population using the web between one and four hours a day and 19 percent of people spending more time online than with their family in a week.

Forty-seven percent of those polled believed the Internet was more important in people's lives than religion, with one in five people paying the Internet more attention than their partner

uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080901/tuk-uk-b...nternet-fa6b408.html

:) :) :P :evil: :evil: :dry:
suzanxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #7984 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:discomgoogolation !!
the web is not the only thing that Discombobulates me. I will admit the web can be addicive I think more so if you have joined a site and partisipate in it...Now and then I have a feeling that hubby belives he is in competion with the copt and web (like right now he is trying to talk to me while i write this and i am saying hang on a min will you) ... this is just another tecknology that has changed ppls way of live...:huh: :evil: :dry:

More
15 years 8 months ago #8009 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:discomgoogolation !!
i avoided learning how to use a compt for years.....now that ive learnt...it has completely changed my life...:)

i used to live my life...coping with my illhealth..and subsequent dissabilities alone.......it wasnt until i came to the internet that my world grew...:)

i have found new friends...new communities...new ideas...........:)

....ive also found...complete assholes and ballshit ppl.:angry:...and yeah these gameplayers give me stress!!

but the intnet has put me in contact with an outside world that exists!........would hate to go back to being isolated again...:)

suzan xx

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #8010 by
Replied by on topic Re:discomgoogolation !!
My first venture into the dark,murky waters of internet were a mere 3 years ago xxxxx :laugh: ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #8018 by TheLadyMagenta
I never used a pc till the event in my life that was HIM! of the cheating assholeism and bad ideas in general on how to remain bloody faithfull. But iv met all of you which i would never change along with mates from my old site that i am still firm friends with. Nats is a lovely girl and runs my old site but sadly one person being generally sour saw her site fail and i along with over ten others left all because of one person. Being new she never realised that dumping said woman would have saved the site. it,s a lovely site but no ones ever there now and poor nattelie feels she failed. Internet is great when used the right way!!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds