logolong

Friends with Wheelchiars!

More
8 years 2 months ago #60986 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Friends with Wheelchiars!
You need a car with a ramp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60989 by Pamten
Replied by Pamten on topic Friends with Wheelchiars!
I use a power wheelchair for in and out of the house. I also have a big three wheel scooter for taking the dogs out.
My wheelchair is a quickie and is great for turning in tight places and is also very heavy, I'm lucky in that we have a car with a ramp
I had a six month wait when I first applied to the NHS for an indoor electric wheelchair in the late nineties and had to wait another six months when I needed to change it for an indoor/outdoor chair.
Last year they changed the model and I find it's great for turning tight corners or turning full circle almost on a penny, it also has a seat recliner which I found fantastic when I had a minor op under my eye I was allowed to stay in my tilted chair instead of having to transfer onto one of those horrible beds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick G.

More
8 years 2 months ago #61004 by riversidemarie
Yeh Karl I do need a ramp for cars but along with the other paraphanalia of disability I don't think I have the room to store. It's got the stage that I have to priortise both financcially and space-wise! The house is fast becoming a shrine to disability!!! And I don't want that! Some of the people I go out with can't cope with shifting them and I don't want to do damage to them. Unfortunately age comes to all of us! I have become a dab hand with the rollator and I might suffer the next day but I get where I want, come hell or high water. It's called being British or bloody-minded. I'm not sure what! I may be old and according to one American pal "Herded away" Conspiracy thoery or what! But to my last breath I will still go out and mix with the "normal" hoi polloi!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick G.

More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #61773 by Rick G.
Replied by Rick G. on topic Friends with Wheelchiars!
For nearly 36 years since my injury, traveling anywhere for more than a couple days posed some serious problems. On short trips I could stuff my non-portable shower chair into my van. Although I could usually get my chair over a toilet, rarely did I have access to a roll-in shower. I grew wary of the embarrassment from having a porter push my potty chair through parking lots and hotel lobbies. Like me, you’ve probably discovered that they are not easy to disguise.

I invented the GO! Anywhere® Portable Shower Chair line to solve a problem I had that no other chairs on the market solved.

COMMODE 'N SHOWER CHAIR - SELF-PROPEL
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Rick G..

More
8 years 2 hours ago #61784 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Friends with Wheelchiars!
Advertising Rick? You bad boy.

More
7 years 11 months ago #61793 by BUBBADOG14
YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE WITHOUT O.K FROM KARL THE BOSS OF ABLEHERE. THIS IS A WARNING, DON'T DO IT AGAIN WITHOUT O.K

Rick G. wrote: For nearly 36 years since my injury, traveling anywhere for more than a couple days posed some serious problems. On short trips I could stuff my non-portable shower chair into my van. Although I could usually get my chair over a toilet, rarely did I have access to a roll-in shower. I grew wary of the embarrassment from having a porter push my potty chair through parking lots and hotel lobbies. Like me, you’ve probably discovered that they are not easy to disguise.

I invented the GO! Anywhere® Portable Shower Chair line to solve a problem I had that no other chairs on the market solved.

COMMODE 'N SHOWER CHAIR - SELF-PROPEL

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds