logolong

Battery questions with scooters and power chairs

More
7 years 5 months ago #63400 by Timetrvlr
I've been unable to find reasonably priced Canadian scooter batteries for my big scooter but while looking for 12V 50Ah batteries on eBay, I noticed two U.K. batteries Loach and Lucas that were quite reasonably priced in C$. Anyone her have any experience with them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #63433 by riversidemarie
Beware! I have had an electric wheelchair for over a year. When I tried to renew the warranty and insurance I wash told because I live on an open plan estate and that my wheelchair is in full view, the insurance sold to me by the wheelchair rep. was invalid and I had not been covered for all the time I had paid. The brokers will not insure me this year despite the chair being covered and tethered by chain and padlock to the house wall. This was also sold to me by the rep. As to servicing the cost for basic wheels and battery is through the roof and I have been told if I use another servicer it will invalidate the insurance and warranty. Even a basic rollator and bath lift cost a fortune to service and with the rollator I get my son to tighten breaks and screws. I shall only get them to repair when it falls apart and I cannot use. Disability costs a fortune. I have had to buy chairs only to find that physically I cannot use them over a long period. Hence the electric chair. I think there should be a centre with various disability aids attached to every major hospital that one can rent initially to if they are suitable for needs. After all the NHS wastes a fortune giving out aids and not recycling them when they are no longer needeed. Has anyone else had the misfortune to buy pigs in pokes?

More
7 years 5 months ago #63457 by Karl
You should be able to get a free electric chair from the NHS!!

More
7 years 5 months ago #63465 by BUBBADOG14
My G.P got a grant for me when I was after my wheelchair, worth asking your G.P about a grant. :unsure:

More
7 years 5 months ago #63534 by riversidemarie
A free chair via the NHS. You are joking! In last year seen a physio once and a Social Worker once! I guess it's because I'm old. Well in body. I have had to help and fund myself and find out about reduction in Council tax and Attendance Allowance through other disabled. To me seems to be a presumption that when you hiit your sixties life stops and you should be tucked up in bed with a cocoa. Not for me! I know the young disabled are more important. They have their lives in front of them but come on!

More
7 years 5 months ago #63536 by BUBBADOG14
It's worth asking your G.P about it as everyone is entitled to a grant to help with any aids that you need for example, grab rails, ramps even a stairlift!! So you should get a grant for an electric wheelchair. You may have to put some money towards it. But it depends on County to County I suppose. But there is no harm being cheeky and asking!! B)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds