logolong

To make you smile :)

More
7 years 6 months ago #63401 by Timetrvlr
Replied by Timetrvlr on topic To make you smile :)
Great stuff! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63413 by Timetrvlr
My Spider Friends

When we lived in southern Arizona, I tried an experiment. Insect pests troubled my garden and I know that spiders eat insects, so it seemed reasonable to introduce spiders into my garden. Not just any old spiders, what I had in mind were giant spiders, tarantulas, in fact. I figured big spiders would have big appetites and eat a lot of big insects.

In southern Arizona when the monsoon season starts in the summertime, tarantulas go on walk-about; literally thousands blacken the rural roads. I took a five gallon bucket and scooped up a bunch of the rascals, put a lid on the bucket, and when I got home, I dumped them in the garden to feast on insects.

Next morning I inspected the results, not a spider in sight! Apparently, they walked off in the night. I found one smashed in the street, but that was it.
Later, I learned why; it has to do with sex, procreation and all that stuff. It seems the females seldom venture more than a few feet from their underground burrow, but in mating season, they emit powerful pheromones. The males then go on walk-about in search of females. The guys I captured were all males looking for love, and my garden was the wrong place!
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
7 years 6 months ago #63423 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic To make you smile :)
Maybe you should have made half your garden a tarantula brothel!! Lots of females waiting to make the male ones happy. And a sort of eat all you can restaurant as well. As the saying goes the way to a mans heart is through is stomach!! ;)

More
7 years 6 months ago #63431 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic To make you smile :)
Perhaps God should have invented Eve first. Then there would have been more equity. Tasks would not have been alloted gender wise and Eve would have understood men and asked God to creeate a being with good listening skills
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

More
7 years 6 months ago #63452 by Timetrvlr
Have you ever tried to sex a spider? How to do it without getting bit?

More
7 years 6 months ago #63468 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic To make you smile :)
No but watch a lot of nature programmes and females are a different colour to males I think. :unsure:

Timetrvlr wrote: Have you ever tried to sex a spider? How to do it without getting bit?

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds