logolong

NHS

More
15 years 10 months ago #5467 by Karl
NHS was created by Karl
I have been watching the news over the last few weeks on the NHS as its the 60th birthday of the nhs.

We have a great NHS compare to other countries. We DON'T know how lucky we are in the UK.

Ok there are afew money problems, but some drugs are at a stupid price. The NHS cant afford every thing to make everyone happy. In an ideal world this would be great but NHS isnt a bottomless pit of money.

Why do we only hear the bad stories of the NHS?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #5471 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:NHS
because the goverment keep tinkering with it.. the nurses are wonderfull but they are asked to do more and more..and ppl are getting infections.. you are sent home earlier.. because this goverment said patents are better of being in there own home and they have after care in place..that is rubbish.. :angry: :blink:

More
15 years 10 months ago #5501 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:NHS
But we dont see the successful stories. We always see the bad side but not the good side of the NHS.

The bad side is really small compared to the good side.

More
15 years 10 months ago #5513 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:NHS
there are.wonderfull stories about the NHS,...the mirical of babies surving prementure biths ..the bad side is that there are not enough baby units to cope some have been closed WHY...the advances of saving ppls lifes.. they are closing a lot of the smaller hospitals that could deal with the minor things.. ppl now have to go along way just get to a hospital..so the main hospitals are put understrain to cope ..hence patients waiting for beds... it is not the doctors, nurses, surgeons and the main ppl ..it is the penpushers the managers,food, the care of patients because as I said before the poor nurses have so many patients to look after.. they dont have time to give patients the care that they would like to give... many ppl who work for the NHS are themself unhappy at the way things are going >>we all love the NHS ..We are told that we are the 4th riches nation in the world ..let the medical profession run the hospitals..as they would know what is needed and what is not:dry: :blush:

More
15 years 10 months ago #5539 by TheLadyMagenta
Replied by TheLadyMagenta on topic Re:NHS
You both have equally valid points i think. I have been treated well by the NHS in general but my next kidney apppointment is next YEAR as waiting lists are so long.
we do have wonderfull and talented people doing a great job but they are as you say strangled by proffesional money makers who really dont have much idea about running a hospital. Lady M x

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds