logolong

Dating

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #2292 by lagunita
By my subject, I mean that desirability of people as
people to date isn't affected by able-bodiedness
alone.

People with children face a similar siatuation. Some people looking for a partner will run away, and quickly, when they find out their prospective mate has children.

Other characteristics make for less than idea datable material:

- being divorced, especially being divorced several times

- being over the age of 30. The older one is than 30, the increasingly less desirable one is.

- not having a job. Many women view this as not being goal-oriented. This is particularly problematic for the disabled since a nontrivial number of the disabled can't get/hold a job.

- not being financially stable.

- not being height/weight proportional or having a body mass index in the normal range. This is very ironic since the majority of Americans (and shortly Brits, I assume) are now overweight, which means that the minority of physically fit people seeking a fit partner will soon be fishing from an increasingly saller pond.

If one needs a good chuckle in this regard, check out the personals section at Craigslist ( www.craigslist.org ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #2293 by lagunita
By my subject, I mean that desirability of people as
people to date isn't affected by able-bodiedness
alone.

People with children face a similar siatuation. Some people looking for a partner will run away, and quickly, when they find out their prospective mate has children.

Other characteristics make for less than idea datable material:

- being divorced, especially being divorced several times

- being over the age of 30. The older one is than 30, the increasingly less desirable one is.

- not having a job. Many women view this as not being goal-oriented. This is particularly problematic for the disabled since a nontrivial number of the disabled can't get/hold a job.

- not being financially stable.

- not being height/weight proportional or having a body mass index in the normal range. This is very ironic since the majority of Americans (and shortly Brits, I assume) are now overweight, which means that the minority of physically fit people seeking a fit partner will soon be fishing from an increasingly saller pond.

If one needs a good chuckle in this regard, check out the personals section at Craigslist ( www.craigslist.org ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds